PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Plot aka D2OL problems

Bok
05-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Ok,

I installed D2OL on about 20 linux machines, but very few are getting credit for work :(

One of them ran > 350 cands in a 24 hour period but the completed is set at 0, this is similar to most of them, though a few seem to work ok :bang: :bang:

They are all installed using the GUIless version with the embedded JVM.

In the instructions it says to change the lax.root.install.dir and the lax.dir ,

I didn't do that originally but have now tried it. These are now set to :

lax.root.install.dir = /root/SengentD2OL/
lax.dir=/root/SengentD2OL/D2OL/

I run with

./D2OL controller:cli

Anything else I should be checking ?

Of course it is a plot by the Colonials, I think I've lost over 2500 cands in the last day or so :(

:cheers:

Bok

Fozzie
05-17-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't know any system that could do 350 candidates in 24 hours??!!

My boxen struggle to do 90 on average per day.

When an install goes screwy I've ssen it do something like that.

I recommend saving your node.prp from each one of the dodgey installs and trying again.

rshepard
05-17-2004, 10:37 AM
There is a post in the forum that indicates the stats have been "stuck" since ~4 AM EST--That may have something to do with why you are having problems. The data may be getting returned but not getting posted yet.

Bok
05-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Maybe,

I installed on one of my linux boxes here at work and made sure those config settings are correct and also that the java dir id pointing to the one included and it seems to have accepted the two jobs a I sent manually, even though 'completed candidates' is still showing 0.

I can look at my nodes on the website and I see that this node has indeed got 2 candidates.

I'll try one of my home boxen remotely and check the configs again.

Bok

rshepard
05-17-2004, 12:16 PM
ahh-- I think the completed candidates won't show up until the client next contacts the server, at which point it should show the 2 you manually uploaded. I seem to recall something about the client always being one "update" behind on that particular total, although I could be wrong..... If the results are showing up on the website, you are home free :thumbs:

StarDog
05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah, the statistics in the client are not an "up-to-date" snapshot. The web site is most current.

Bok
05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Well,

it seems to be isolated to Gentoo installs :(

Unfortunately, 15 of my boxes are Gentoo, though it seems to work on one of the older P4 2.26's w/Gentoo for some reason (w/blackdown 1.4.1 java).

Anyone else on Gentoo want to try it ? I'm going to try using some different java's.

On that box that did > 350 in a day, it shows 'analyzing conformer #1', then immediately finishes, I guess these get discarded as bad by the server.

Bok

Chinasaur
05-17-2004, 03:30 PM
A side note --

As for doing 350 candidates in a 24 hour period..I've read of this (D2OL Forums) happening to people in the D2OL forum. As I recall, the cache gets corrupted (or something) and the engine does appear to be crunching at that rate. Not sure if the points are awarded or no.

Flushing and reloading is the solution.

rshepard
05-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Did you install the version w/o Java? If so, you might try using the one with Java and see if that makes any difference-- That's what I have on my Gentoo box here at work and it rolls right along. It has blackdown as well, but I was under the impression that if you let it pull in it's own Java, it shouldn't matter.

Bok
05-17-2004, 03:42 PM
WOOT!!!

Think I've fixed it :drink:

went into

/SengentD2OL/D2OL/res/data/bin

ldd DockWin.exe

and it showed that
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 => not found :p

damned dynamic compiles :harhar:

so, I stuck a copy from another box into /usr/lib and tried again and it looks like it is working!!

So have to get cranking on all the boxen tonight :) No dumps though :( Well, maybe 1
:neener:

Bok

PCZ
05-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Bok
Glad you have it fixed. :D

Ready to :spank: the colonials

rshepard
05-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Curses! our devious plot is foiled... Errrr, uh
Glad you got it running:cheers:

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-17-2004, 04:14 PM
found this > http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html < expect everyone knows about this except me. Can now see how my PC in the corner is doing without having to shut it down and find a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. :blush:

IronBits
05-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Better late than never :D
DSpy.exe (http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/DSpy.exe)

Bok
05-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
found this > http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html < expect everyone knows about this except me. Can now see how my PC in the corner is doing without having to shut it down and find a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. :blush:

HVS,

in case you've never used it before

http://www.realvnc.com

use it for no-kvm windows boxen

Bok