05-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Looks like the Imperials are winning so far today..... :neener:

Perhpas you colonials need to recruit a bit more :p

Where is FoBoT anyway????

Excellent crunching by everyone!!!

Bok

IronBits
05-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Did we ever come up with an end date for this gauntlet in d2ol?
2 weeks?
3 weeks?
4 weeks?
6 weeks?
Vote! :D

FoBoT is our anchor man :D
I'm expecting and uber :dump: just in the nick of time.
He's :beep: in the stealthmobile :jester:

Fozzie
05-18-2004, 11:07 AM
I reckon there could be some major dumpage soon.

PCZ
05-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Did we ever come up with an end date for this gauntlet in d2ol?

How about we halt when the DF protein updates.
If the DF protein is fast then we get back onto DF, If it's slow we can carry on with the gauntlet on D2OL or another project ?

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh this is a gauntlet?! I thought we were getting together for a big BBQ :D

Bok
05-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
How about we halt when the DF protein updates.
If the DF protein is fast then we get back onto DF, If it's slow we can carry on with the gauntlet on D2OL or another project ?

Sounds like a plan.. I'd still like to see a LM gauntlet too :)

Bok

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-18-2004, 12:19 PM
another vote for LM. :D

:drums:

PCZ
05-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Has the Gauntlet started, I think it's time (http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6)

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 01:27 PM
The guantlet started about 12 hours ago buddy :p (@ midnight)

Oh yeah I vote for LM gauntlet next too :D

willy1
05-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Gauntlet Stats (http://stats.open-dc.org/gauntlet/)

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I swear that the D2OL clients just hate me. I'm constantly having to babysit them. A lot of times after completing the qued units it will sit there and never upload, or it will upload and never start working on the new units it downloads. I've always had this problem running it in Windows and I discovered one of the Linux boxes did the same this morning.

Fozzie
05-18-2004, 02:24 PM
We can really do some damage to Anandtech in that one.

It is a sadly overlooked project.

:Pokes:

PCZ
05-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Fozzie
I wouldn't mind doing TSC after LM.

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Me either, TSC client is basicaly the same as D2OL, so I'd like a break from the client after D2OL and do LM, then I'll be ready to go for a TSC gauntlet :p

Bok
05-18-2004, 03:53 PM
:thumbs:

I'm in. I'm in!

Bok

ronbo54
05-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Currently we are outproducing SR by 7000/day = 44 days more to pass :thumbs:
(unless we get more people):D

Of course, we could pass TFY in 112 days ;)

I would be in for TSC :drums:

Then you could all take me on in UD Grid :Pokes:

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Problem is most of our power is Linux and Grid.org doesn't have a Linux client :(

ronbo54
05-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Didn't realize that:blush:

Some of us can't use Linux:( (well could but not here)

Latest update - up by 8000 = 38 days to pass :cheers:

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 05:22 PM
I suppose maybe it could be run in Linux with some wine tweaking, but I'm not sure. When the guy stopped porting the new DPAD linux clients we had to run the Windows version in Linux via wine, but you still have to have x windows or something running on the Linux box, which I don't run on any of my Linux boxes. If I can't run it in Linux console then I usually won't run the project at all.

IronBits
05-18-2004, 05:37 PM
I vote for LM gauntlet next too, then a TSC Gauntlet

Let's get the tenative dates/times together, and I'll keep it updated on the Calendar :)

BrianM
05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
I'll be up for a LM gauntlet myself.:thumbs: :drums: :bonk:

magnav0x
05-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey Ironbits you our personal secretary now?:cool:

IronBits
05-18-2004, 11:41 PM
For gauntlets only. :cheers:

magicfan241
05-20-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm running very litle D2OL. It won't play nice with windows or linux.

Can't get the shitto run at a priority less than normal. It ****s with whatever I'm doing. So, it runs on the one dedicated machine I have, as well as when I'm not home.

If anyone could enlighten me as to how to force the SOB to run at a nicer priority, I'd be all ears.
magicfan241

StarDog
05-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Strange, I run it on all my machines and don't notice any slowdowns at all. My CPUs stay nice and toasty though. I have heard of some people saying that on some Dells, when the CPU gets too hot, it slows the processor down to keep it from overheating. This causes things to seem to run much slower.

ronbo54
05-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Yes, my Dell 8300 HT (idle boxen, right IB:rolleyes: ) do get nice and toasty when I run this with UD Grid. Have it on my main work box right now. Only time I stop it is when I'm burning CD's or doing something very processor intensive.

magicfan241
05-20-2004, 02:36 PM
On both machines I've tried it on, the machine goes sluggish, and anything to do with JAVA will not work at all.

magicfan241

MerePeer
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
magicfan241 --

In a separate thread yesterday I reported a problem I was having under Linux that I think could be the same issue. In that thread you'll see the symptom I reported was that no 'real' work was getting done and it was slowly draining the queue of assigned candidates. I didnt report it, but it was sluggish as well because the D2OL runs at normal priority and isn't supposed to do much, but during this "problem" it does too much and thereby slows down the sys. Here are some things to check initially:
1) Can you check your "ldd" of Dockwin.exe and gridwin.exe and make sure there are no missing shared objects?
2) Use ps -ef to monitor your system and are you seeing the "D2OL" thread chewing up some significant cpu%? Normally only the Gridwin and Dockwin are using 80-90% but during this "problem" the D2OL thread is very busy, too busy, launching the grid&dockwin because the dockwin starts and immediately dies (because the shared object is missing).
3) Did you install with, or without the bundled java version? If without then maybe it is a compat issue. Check java -version.

-----
Treat the windows issue as separate since it won't be missing any shared objects. Are you running it as a service or in/from a batch file? One thing you should make sure: the settings should have "dont display animation" set. THis may be your main problem -- java tries to startup and show the animation and it cant and it loops and the java process uses up mucho cpu.
For Windows, use the Task Manager and choose the Processes tab. Then choose the "View/Select columns..." option and choose "Base priority". Now click on the CPU column and watch what is happening. Is D2OL getting lots of cpu? (problem because it runs at normal prio). Is Gridwin set at low priority? (correct) After a few minutes doing Gridwin does Dockwin start up and run for 5-10 minutes at least?

We need your cycles for the team asap!