PDA

View Full Version : DF - Request

derGomez
04-15-2002, 02:34 PM
A member of the team I'm in told me I could reach the creater(s) of the DF-Client here.
I have an idea for the Distributed Folding Client.

Could it be possible to create a "Check for newer version"-function at the point of the uploading of the results ?

I'm asking this, because most of the team-members are letting the client run 24/7 and when a new version is available, they won't know it because the client doesn't check that in the time it is running. By this, many results go to waste, and much time goes to waste as well. All the time they've been Folding for nothing.

Brian the Fist
04-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Im afraid it already does this. Please read the documentation on the web site or included with the package.

Auritania
04-15-2002, 08:43 PM
What derGomez is asking actually makes some sense to me. I know the client checks for a new client at upload, but it seems like a lot of times when -df is set, the client checks for the upload site, doesn't see it and just assumes the connection is out. It then churns along like its a bad net connection and not an update. That was what happened with 17 of my 18 clients on this update. They were all plugging along happily on the old protein. The only one to actually stop was the linux client.

Brian the Fist
04-15-2002, 09:35 PM
If you suspect this is a bug and it is not behaving as intended, please tell me exactly how to reproduce it and on what OS(es) and I will verify whether you are correct or not. If it a bug it should be trivial to correct for later versions (please e-mail at trades@mshri.on.ca to respons to this request).

Thanks