PDA

View Full Version : OGR/RC5 Teams

alpha
04-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Is it possible to be on a different team for RC5 and OGR? I seem to remember joining a team via RC5 and finding myself on that same team for OGR too. The team I am currently a member of for RC5 does not have an OGR team, so I am teamless. Does anyone know for sure that joining the Free-DC OGR team, wont also assign me to the Free-DC RC5 team?

FoBoT
04-15-2002, 09:32 PM
i dunno, i haven't done any OGR

have to see if it says anywhere on dnet

Chinasaur
04-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Alpha,

I joined only OGR for Team BeOS and it did not automatically add me to the Team BeOS RC5 effort.

I set my client (.ini file) to only get and work on OGR.

[misc]
project-priority=OGR,DES=0,CSC=0,RC5=0

[buffers]
frequent-threshold-checks=3
checkpoint-filename=check1

alpha
04-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Chinasaur

I joined only OGR for Team BeOS and it did not automatically add me to the Team BeOS RC5 effort.

I set my client (.ini file) to only get and work on OGR.

OK. Just joined the Free-DC OGR team. I then went over to the RC5 section of the stats site, and rejoined the team I was on (and expected to still be on) beforehand. It said that my previous team was Free-DC and my new team was the team I was on in the first place. This indicates that joining the OGR Free-DC team makes me join the RC5 one too. Maybe the previous/current team information given when changing teams is incorrect? Surely you're not bound to a single team no matter which project you tackle?

Dangit :swear:

Matt

Chinasaur
04-16-2002, 04:36 PM
That's pretty weird...I am not a member of the RC5 team...your mileage is definately varying..or mine is..can't tell which.

Not be insulting..but are you _sure_ you were in the OGR section of dnet and not still in the RC5 section? It's been known to happen...just a thought.

email guru and ask him..he knows more about dnet than I do.

alpha
04-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
That's pretty weird...I am not a member of the RC5 team...your mileage is definately varying..or mine is..can't tell which.

Not be insulting..but are you _sure_ you were in the OGR section of dnet and not still in the RC5 section? It's been known to happen...just a thought.

email guru and ask him..he knows more about dnet than I do.

What do you mean about our mileages?

Hrm. It seems that when I was searching for my current RC5 team on the OGR section, the stats were being updated and therefore the team did not appear. Searching now shows the team smiling back at me. This still doesn't answer whether you can join a different team for each project, but it answers some things I guess.

I was definately in the right section of the site, yes :) I've already emailed help@distributed.net regarding this issue, but it seems quite clear that it can't be done.

Matt