PDA

View Full Version : After Legal Success, Lindows CEO Comes Out Swinging

Moogie
06-05-2004, 09:16 AM
<table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;">Emboldened by a recent court ruling in his favor, Lindows CEO Michael Robertson is calling on Microsoft to compete with his company in the marketplace, not in the courtroom. "Bill [Gates], I don't want your $1158," Robertson wrote in an open letter to Microsoft that he posted on Lindows' Web site yesterday, alluding to the fee a Dutch judge required Microsoft to pay Lindows. "I just want a chance to compete and grow my company. If you can think back to when you started Microsoft, sure there were big companies like IBM, but they didn't use the ruthless tactics that Microsoft now employs. How could you have built your company in that kind of environment?"<br></td></tr></table><br><br>I wonder how this will all turn out? I wonder if Lindows will be able to make it? I know what Microsoft has done in the past (obliterate the competition), but one day, the gorilla must fall. It will be interesting to see if Mr. Robertson will be the one to do it. <br><br>For the full article, look <a href="http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42852/42852.html"><u>HERE.</u></a><br><br>