PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up windows

Stephen_B
06-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Is there an option for console-only mode, and will closing the graphics window mess up the simulation? I had 5 windows opened by the client.

michaelgarvie
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Hiya,
Under Linux you can get rid of the windows by typing
DISPLAY= at the command prompt before launching the script. Under winodows there might be a way, try looking at the help for the command start..

dreplogle
06-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Steven, I saw your post awhile back where you said you had 5 windows open. Did you mean you have 5 instances of the program running on a single processor machine? Do you have 5 processes of java.exe running? And did you ever get an answer on whether it hurts anything to close the graphics window?

Thanks,

Dan Replogle

rshepard
06-12-2004, 02:06 PM
I always close the windows, and it doesn't seem to bother the client at all. Also, you will get a new window each time the server is reset; I have occassionally had 2 or 3 windows open at a time due to this.

Stephen_B
06-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by dreplogle
Steven, I saw your post awhile back where you said you had 5 windows open. Did you mean you have 5 instances of the program running on a single processor machine? Do you have 5 processes of java.exe running? And did you ever get an answer on whether it hurts anything to close the graphics window?

Thanks,

Dan Replogle

The client is threaded, and each thread shows up as a process under linux.

Right now, for example, I have 22 threads running, each of which has its own process ID.

I think what happens with the window is that, every time the server launches a different project, a new window pops up but the old one remains.

michaelgarvie
06-14-2004, 04:29 AM
Just to confirm this: you can close all GUI windows without affecting the client.

Stephen_B
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
I seem to be able to, yes.