PDA

View Full Version : Error

Exer
06-19-2004, 03:26 AM
At start md5GUI v0.2 there is a window with an inscription " 6,285 is not a valid floating point value " and the program is not started.
OS WinXP SP1

Pconfig
06-19-2004, 04:42 AM
I've got 8.404 is not a valid floating point value!

Digital Parasite
06-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, this is an md5GUI specific problem so you can post those things in the md5GUI thread. Remember, md5GUI is a third pary app that was not created/supported by Jean-Luc so you should send all your tech support questions to me.

The problem occurs for anyone who has changed their Windows location (or had it set when you installed Windows) to use the number seperator as a comma "," for numbers such as $9500,33 instead of the decimal as is commonly used in North America and elsewhere (ie: $9500.33).

So when it reads the data from the MD5CRK client .xml that has a decimal and tries to assign that to a variable in md5GUI, it generates an error because your system is configured to accept commas (,) as the seperator.

Basically what this means is that I need to update md5GUI to work around the problem and "trick" your machines into using decimals anyway (internally).

Jeff.

Mystwalker
06-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
The problem occurs for anyone who has changed their Windows location (or had it set when you installed Windows) to use the number seperator as a comma "," for numbers such as $9500,33 instead of the decimal as is commonly used in North America and elsewhere (ie: $9500.33).

"North America and elsewhere" sounds like there is hardly any place that does it vice versa. But in (at least wide parts of) Europe, this is the case. Considering that there are at least 4 german teams in the TOP11 alone, there is a great need for apps supporting localizations (I don't mean translated texts, it just has to run on such systems)...

Basically what this means is that I need to update md5GUI to work around the problem and "trick" your machines into using decimals anyway (internally).

Maybe XML with localization could be used. Examples are here:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiplocal.html

Exer
06-22-2004, 03:22 AM
I have written you the letter on this mistake. I have replaced "," on "." Now all OK. Thank.

Digital Parasite
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Exer: Got the email, will try to fix the bug once I get a chance and will send you a copy to double check it works ok.

Digital Parasite
06-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Mystwalker
"North America and elsewhere" sounds like there is hardly any place that does it vice versa. But in (at least wide parts of) Europe, this is the case. Considering that there are at least 4 german teams in the TOP11 alone, there is a great need for apps supporting localizations (I don't mean translated texts, it just has to run on such systems)...

I was just pointing out that it is used elsewhere besides just North America.

I have already said that I will try and fix the problem. I didn't notice there was a problem because the bug never showed up on any of my systems. Since I do this for free in my spare time, I don't have time to exhaustively test the software on every version of Windows with different localisation settings. You get what you pay for... :cheers:

As for the regionalized XML, you would have to talk to Jean-Luc Cooke about that since its the MD5CRK client that creates/writes those XML files.

Jeff.

Digital Parasite
06-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok I *think* I fixed the problem. Can those of you who are having problems, please download this version and let me know if it fixes the problem?

http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/md5GUI/md5GUIv02a.zip

Thanks,
Jeff.