PDA

View Full Version : New Rush Album--Feedback--7 days until release in North America!

magicfan241
06-22-2004, 12:23 PM
RUSH TURNS UP THE “FEEDBACK”;
BAND MARKS 30TH ANNIVERSARY WITH FIRST COVERS COLLECTION,
FEATURING VERSIONS OF SIXTIES CLASSICS BY
CREAM, THE WHO, BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD, YARDBIRDS & MORE;
“ AN EVENING WITH RUSH” TOUR TAKES OFF MAY 26TH

Anthem/Atlantic recording group Rush has unveiled details of their upcoming new collection, dubbed “FEEDBACK.” This unique set sees the renowned trio – Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart – celebrating the band’s 30th anniversary by performing cover versions of eight rock classics from the Sixties. “FEEDBACK” is slated to arrive in stores on June 29.

“Geddy, Alex, and I were channeling back to 1966 and 1967, when we were thirteen- and fourteen-year-old beginners,” writes Peart in the liner notes to “FEEDBACK.” “We thought it would be a fitting symbol to commemorate our thirty years together if we returned to our roots and paid tribute to those we had learned from and were inspired by. We thought we might record some of the songs we used to listen to, the ones we painstakingly learned the chords, notes, and drum parts for, and even played in our earliest bands.”

“ FEEDBACK” marks the first time that Rush has recorded songs by other artists and writers. Included are such groundbreaking staples as Buffalo Springfield’s “For What It’s Worth” and “Mr. Soul,” the Yardbirds’ “Heart Full of Soul” and “Shapes of Things,” and the Who’s “The Seeker.” “FEEDBACK” also features versions of two songs which defined the heavy rock power trio tradition that gave birth to Rush – Cream’s explosive take on Robert Johnson’s “Crossroads” and Blue Cheer’s still-extreme rendition of Eddie Cochran’s “Summertime Blues.”

As previously announced, Rush will commemorate their 30th anniversary year by playing dates across North America, as well as in Europe, where they have not performed live in more than a decade. The first leg of the 2004 “An Evening With Rush” tour will kick off on Wednesday, May 26th at the AmSouth Amphitheatre in Nashville, Tennessee, wrapping up with an August 22nd homecoming concert at Toronto’s Molson Amphitheatre. Following the conclusion of the North American trek, Rush will begin their European journey with a series of sold-out shows in the U.K., starting with a September 8th date at London’s Wembley Arena.

Since releasing their self-titled debut album in 1974, Rush has been universally regarded as one of the most inventive and dynamic groups in rock, famed for their virtuoso musicianship, epic soundscapes, and dramatic lyricism. Each of the band’s 24 albums to date – including such acclaimed works as 1976’s “2112,” 1981’s “MOVING PICTURES,” 1996’s “TEST FOR ECHO,” and 2002’s “VAPOR TRAILS” – have been certified gold-or-better by the RIAA. To date, Rush has achieved worldwide sales exceeding 35 million units.

Track Listing of “FEEDBACK”
1. “Summertime Blues”
2. “Heart Full of Soul”
3. “The Seeker”
4. “For What It’s Worth”
5. “Shapes of Things”
6. “Mr. Soul”
7. “Crossroads”
8. “Seven and Seven Is

If you have the Rhapsody Music player, you can get summertime blues to listen to. :)

I know that all you Rush fans already know about this, but figured I'd post it here anyway!

magicfan241

magicfan241
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I just bought the CD today (the store ran out of CD's when I was there last week)

It is teh GOOD!

All you Rush fans should go get it.

NOW!

magicfan241