PDA

View Full Version : IPod takes to the road with Mini and BMW

Moogie
06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
<b><i>Apple develops adapter to deliver music through the car stereo</b></i><br><br><i>Dinah Greek, vnunet.com 22 Jun 2004</i><br><br>Apple has developed an iPod adapter that will plug into certain BMW and Mini Cooper audio systems.<br><br>The device is plugged into a cable located in the glove compartment and powered by the car's battery. The music is then fed through the car stereo system.<br><br>To do away with the dangers of fiddling with dials or buttons located on the dashboard, drivers can skip between tracks and control what they listen to using the standard buttons on their BMW or Mini steering wheel.<br><br>Drivers can also create up to five unique playlists to listen to while on the road.<br><br>The adapter is available for Mini Cooper, BMW's 3 Series, Z4 Roadster, X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicles in the US.<br><br>"One of the next frontiers for a seamless digital music experience is the car," said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.<br><br>"We all spend a lot of time driving, and now this elegant solution lets iPod users enjoy their entire music collection in their BMW or Mini."<br><br>