PDA

View Full Version : f@h queue

FoBoT
12-30-2001, 06:14 PM
if a WU gets stuck in the queue, when does it get delete/go away?

i have some boxen with some WU that are several days old, they don't seem to want to send

even if i get them to send , they don't count anyway, right?

so does the client program delete them ever?

or are they stuck in there until over written or what?

i know i can delete them , but i am wondering what the program does with out user intervention

jpb1
12-30-2001, 08:04 PM
Is it possible that they have been sent but just not deleted? Due to the proxy I have running the client uploads the data but does not recieve an acknowledgement from the servers, so saves the data to file. I am getting the results showing in stats, but the client thinks that have not been sent. As the client is only set to queue 10 workunits it overwrites the queued units that have not been sent. Because of the lost crunching time involved with the client trying to send "all" the finished units everytime it connects, I am having to delete the saved units every couple of days.:(

Gudil
01-02-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by FoBoT
[B]if a WU gets stuck in the queue, when does it get delete/go away?

Possibly never. At least I've got one hanging around from 5th December. I guess I should get around to deleting it. :)

Bait-Fish
01-02-2002, 09:45 PM
I had an aged WU (partial) sitting in queue. Once the queue number cycled back around and it got a fresh WU, the old WU in queue disappeared so I assume it was deleted.