PDA

View Full Version : do the islands multiple?

theuhstuf
06-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I've been looking at the Island Topology (http://www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/users/mmg20/dhe/statsTopology.php) page a lot and noticed that some of my islands are on at least once or more, or one twice. I have 3 machines running theuhstuf for emptv, one isn't on, unless some one forgot to turn it off :D so do they get stuck or something? also i have had many clients stop up, like ChAoTiC, i can't get another computer to install with that island name with out an error in the msi, 17221 er something. i don't know.

rshepard
06-29-2004, 07:44 AM
The multiple instances of an island in the Topology is normal-- IIRC, it has to do with the server assigning a new "location" to your island when the connection is updated,(or something to that effect :D ) in any case, it isn't a problem. Can't help you with the install problem-- I've installed multiple islands with the same name, so that's not the problem--only thing I can suggest is that the client itself is bad in some way. You might try again with a fresh download.

theuhstuf
06-29-2004, 07:45 AM
yeah, i think it's just bad luck. do u know if island names have cap sensitivity?

rshepard
06-29-2004, 07:51 AM
I believe so

theuhstuf
06-29-2004, 07:53 AM
hmmmmm, well...I'M GETTING ChAoTiC to work again today!!!! :swear:

its the bloody service, the thing won't start :( ....HMMMM, maybe that will be the box I install the GUI on, I haven't yet :confused:

and i am also disapointed that islands don't pro:rotfl:create