PDA

View Full Version : Error 903

Gunslinger
04-21-2002, 03:25 PM
As of yesterday morning my systems stopped uploading results. I spotted it later in the day and tried a manual upload, which failed with the message:

STATUS 903 LOG CHECKSUM ERROR

I chose one machine and tried running a new copy of DF in a different folder and pressed Q after 15 structures.
Upload was fine.
Feeling a bit relieved I left it running - unfortunately it hit the same problem when it had completed 5000 structures.

As a last resort I switched off my ntl cable modem connection and tried a dial-up connection from one machine to AOL. Surprisingly, I was able to upload ALL of the results including those from other directories (took a long time over a 28.8k connection!).

Cable modem connection still doesn't manage any successful DF uploads (but other projects all seem to be working okay). I can't afford the time (and call charges) to upload via AOL all the time :bang:, so have switched to another DC project for now. Sorry.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what might be wrong.

Ni!

Brian the Fist
04-23-2002, 05:36 PM
As the message implies, the checksum is incorrect on your uploaded log files. Either the data is corrupted when it reaches the server, or you are trying to upload a log file which has not been checksummed (not likely unless you are trying to cheat ;)).

If you are behind any sort of firewall, there is a chance it might be mangling some of your upload packets resulting in this error. That my best guess from the info you have provided.

Gunslinger
04-25-2002, 05:26 AM
I am behind a Firewall, but it is my own personal box and I haven't changed anything on it for months.

The systems stopped uploading while they were unattended. I've checked everything here and (apparently) nothing has changed.

The fact that I can upload via AOL suggests a transmission problem somewhere.

My guess is that something has changed in the ntl network and that is causing the problem (in the past they screwed up my SETI@Home uploads by introducing a transparent Proxy server that didn't honor TTL settings correctly...:mad: )

I'll carry on experimenting as opportunities arise.

Ni!

BTW - I can't see the point of cheating on a project like this, there is nothing to gain from it. :(