07-01-2004, 09:26 AM
My FAD userid just changed :bang:

it was 1010148 for the last week or so, now it's become 1010442 :dunno:

stats appear correct though.

Bok

Fritz
07-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Bok,

I have seen the same thing. If I add a new machine, sometimes it has a new member number. The points still report into the original user name, and usually the
user number stays the same. But it occasionally will change if I have added new machines.

Fritz

Bok
07-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Fritz,

that's what I figured. Looks like a machine I had added yesterday dumped for the first time and created a new id, this then triggered a migration of all my stats to this id..

Thanks

Bok

Fritz
07-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Oh, and one more thing. I once uninstalled the client and then reinstalled it later under a different account for testing purposes. Later on, I stopped the testing, then uninstalled and reinstalled the client using the original account, or so I thought. Instead, it assigned to me Fritz;2 . So it is possible to confuse the stats system.

wirthi
07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Fritz
Oh, and one more thing. I once uninstalled the client and then reinstalled it later under a different account for testing purposes. Later on, I stopped the testing, then uninstalled and reinstalled the client using the original account, or so I thought. Instead, it assigned to me Fritz;2 . So it is possible to confuse the stats system. This "userID" is rather a MachineID or installationID. The thing that really counts (for stats, I mean) is the username. Everytime you install the client on a new pc you get a new userID, but if you input the same username all the stats are credited towards that username (or towards your original userID if you prefer to see it that way). In the stats the first, original userID seems to be displayed, but all the results you send in include the userID of the machine they were calculated on.

Visit your details pare in the official stats and set it up to show a full week. Then all the results from the same userID (=machine) are grouped together.

Bok
07-01-2004, 11:56 AM
hmmm,

that means I should have my stats holding the display name as the 'name' on the index of my db in that case.

DASM :bang:

Bok

wirthi
07-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Yep, if I've correctly understood the system, the username should stay the same all the time and be THE relevant thing to identify a person.

Remember that the username is not case sensitive though. I'm listed as both Wirthi and wirthi.