PDA

View Full Version : It's OK to boil your memory card: official

Moogie
08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
<table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;"><br>By Lucy Sherriff<br>Published Monday 2nd August 2004 13:32 GMT<br><br>If you ever want to destroy a digital camera’s memory card, don’t bother putting it through the wash or hitting it with a sledgehammer as neither will guarantee destruction.<br><br>According to a Digital Camera Shopper magazine investigation cited on The Beeb, five of the main memory card formats - CompactFlash, Secure Digital, xD, Memory Stick and Smartmedia - will happily hang on to your data despite being boiled, washed, dunked in cola, run over with a skateboard and worse: being given to a six-year old who was instructed to destroy the cards.<br></td></tr></table><br><br>The full article can be found <a href="http://www.theregister.com/2004/08/02/memory_breaking_project/"><u>HERE</u></a> in The Register<br><br>

PY 222
08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Aiks... I didn't know that they were so durable.

But it seems like I have managed to destroy mine after trying to copy files over to my computer. The SD just went poof. :(

Darkness Productions
08-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Weren't you informed? They're designed to handle abuse... not your standard workload ;)

Originally posted by PY 222

But it seems like I have managed to destroy mine after trying to copy files over to my computer. The SD just went poof. :(

dragongoddess
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
Weren't you informed? They're designed to handle abuse... not your standard workload ;)

Now thats funny.:jester: