PDA

View Full Version : Predictor server repaired -- coming up

BECL
08-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Just in:

Things are coming back up.... none of our submitted work was lost... only the 'download' section... This means that for those still willing to work on it it will should be ready late tonight or early tomorrow PST when enough new WU's get (re) generated (enough to handle a 'download surge').

At my advice (long standing), the min_quorum will be = 3. This will give the mean/median scoring instead of 'lowest' scoring as it has... it will also mean that you will have more in your 'pending credit' list until balance is achieved.. Once achieved, you will will make good point gainss if you followed the pointers I suggested in the other thread.

I will continue to update unless it is desired that there is no interest and I should stop.

Chuck

BECL
08-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Ok,

it's up, running for a good day now. Some 20,000 results returned so far, and with exception of correcting the tally of actual user score, it is running well... very stable and work always available.

Only expected down time is to shut it down for a few minutes, re-tally the scores and bring it back up, but that is a web-site issue and should cause no upload problems to my knowledge.

no crashes here on any machine.... submitting WU's every 30 minutes or so.

if anyone would like to also kick the tires, it would be appreciated.

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Is this last version quicker than the previous one?

BECL
08-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by em99010pepe
Is this last version quicker than the previous one?

The CLI is very quick, haven't been any craashes or application mixups and the WU's are being scored more fairly....

I know that the big speedup will be in version 4 of boinc (core). That is still ironing out tiny problems...

I've been running predictor for oer a a day now and it's looking good..

over 40,000 results have been returned and so far no glitches.

i do expect one more 'maintenance down' to adjust the total score for eevryone..... what is in the user account does not yet match the posted web page side score.

that's the only thing I see.

Chuck