PDA

View Full Version : Stats Fixup Needed

Paratima
09-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Hey, Bok. Really, really, really love your stats, man. However...

Today you've got me listed as a new user. I take it this means that when your spider read the official stats page, that they had temporarily "misplaced" me. So my counts all went to zero. Next update, "WHOOPS, heh, we were just kidding, he's still here". Only now you think that I get 4 million points in one go. (Wish I could. ;) ) And my last several days' history is wiped out.

This happens at least a couple of times a week, sometimes with the whole crew! Is there not some relatively simple way to check for this and maybe ignore a zero points balance for one update? Like, just don't update! Even if the Official Points get adjusted down, they should NEVER go to zero, right? So zero would be saying, "Hey we screwed up somehow, don't count it this time." Maybe? Can this be done? :)

It would make the stats a lot more readable.

Bok
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
It means you registered a new machine, so FAD (in it's infinite wisdom) gives you a new ID and then transfers everything over to this new ID. I use it as the index to my table, so when it happens the stats think there is a new user.

There are some things I could do, like use the name instead of the ID as the index column, but it's really a fault of FAD more than anything. Their global stats list is even worse, containing many duplicates as MAgnavox and myself found out recently.

I'll see if I can do that simple change today though, but it might mean everyone losing their history.....

Bok

Paratima
09-21-2004, 11:00 AM
You get a whole new acct for registering another box? :eek: :confused:

"What a great system!", he said, in a voice dripping with sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Oh well, do what ya can. And thanks! :p

Jkusuda
09-21-2004, 06:50 PM
How many extra crunchers you adding there Paratima? Trying to make it harder for me to catch you? :D

How many and what kind of crunchers you run on FAD?

Paratima
09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
:) I don't have the power any more, not since I left my regular daytime programmer job for the carefree (hah!) life of a freelance photographer. (We don't emphasize the "free" in freelance.) Used to have a dozen boxen at work to call on. Now, it's just 3 or 4 boxen around the house, plus whatever friends I can con into being borged.

In fact, I was just adding a box back, after it was out of service for a while. As in new hdd, therefore clean OS install, therefore "new" client.

Edit: Oh, all my boxen are AMD's. Mostly Winders 2K, with a couple SuSE Linuxes.

Paratima
09-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Whaddaya know? Bok was right.

Adding a machine really does send FAD crazy. :p

Paratima
09-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Bok:
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Wherever you are, thank you, thank you, thank you for implementing my little suggestion. It's so nice having the stats NOT go mishugga two or three times a day! Now if only FAD would get their stats stuff together about the adding a machine thingy. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I promise not to add any more boxen, at least until I can find some more to add! ;)

Plum Ugly
09-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Bok
you could talk to Wizard of OZ over at XPC. His stats doesn't do that , here's his stats page. It can show your cpu scores too. Just click on your name and it will show your stats and jobs + points per job
http://woo.gotdns.com/AllStats/index.php