PDA

View Full Version : Setting up

IronBits
09-21-2004, 09:54 AM
So many projects, so hard and complicated to join projects...

There has to be an easier way other than the GUI interface (windows) ...
Too bad they don't share user ids or something between projects...

FoBoT
09-21-2004, 11:25 AM
and why doesn't it download its own updates?

for days/weeks i couldn't get work, today i finally read the little message tab and it said something about a new version, so i had to manually download and install a new version, but alas still no work

and it seems to be stuck in a loop with some "unrecoverable error" , some checksum failed on some banner.jpg , why do i need a .jpg to run SETI? :confused:

Death
09-21-2004, 12:26 PM
because SETI SUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i'm running version 4.09 and no problems so far......

download, install, join the project...... that's all....

PCZ
09-21-2004, 06:11 PM
FoBot

Seti Boinc is a mess.
The servers are overloaded and very unreliable.
The broken download is quite common, you need to reset the project to fix it.

Also with Seti you can't check on the work returned or outstanding credit because they have a lot of stufff disabled.
Too many users and weak servers, not a good combination.

Welnic
09-21-2004, 08:35 PM
I ran seti on a couple of boxen since I could not get data for OSX from cpdn. I turned in 14 wu on one of the boxen, and probably about the same on the other one. That was on Sept 9-13th. I still haven't gotten any credit for that. Makes me really excited about seti.

I do like that Howard had the balls with df to not just string everybody along with bogus data until he needed us again. Exactly the opposite of seti@home.

Paratima
09-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Welnic
I do like that Howard had the balls with df to not just string everybody along with bogus data until he needed us again. Amen to that!

PCZ
09-22-2004, 05:35 AM
I think Seti Boinc is one to avoid for a while.

Although the project is Live the Fanboys are now saying that the problems are OK because it's still beta !!.

Hello the project went live on june 22nd

June 22, 2004
Welcome to the new SETI@home! The project is now officially active. We've reset the project by deleting all results and workunits, and setting all credits (user, team, host) to zero. Thanks to everyone who participated in the alpha and beta tests for their help in debugging SETI@home and BOINC.