PDA

View Full Version : This next WU will be a stonker

Fozzie
10-06-2004, 04:26 PM
when it finally finishes its glacial trip to 100% it will probably have done 2 million seconds on an Athlon MP 2K.

I hope this will launch me into the top 1500 in FaD.

With the Warp coils down any stats advancement on any project is welcome. :blush:

CaptainMooseInc
10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
What protein query is it from? The name (ex. 1QKV-3 <---not a real protein strand at least).

Fozzie
10-06-2004, 04:32 PM
How do I find out?

Current job j18-ihyv-q3 ?

Molecule m28988, its an HIV molecule.

CaptainMooseInc
10-06-2004, 05:24 PM
thanks, I just want to get a couple of WUs from that query. I've been doing Proteome for the past week and a couple of cancer. I'm trying to help finish out the current Proteome so they'll get another one loaded.

-Jeff

Fozzie
10-10-2004, 09:14 AM
72,718 points worth :cheers:

Moogie
10-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Wowzer! That's a biggie. I've got one machine that always seems to pick the one's that take the longest. :) I've got one now that its only 48% through with over 75K seconds...that's a long one for me...but not nearly as huge as you just had!

jasong
10-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Fozzie
How do I find out?

Current job j18-ihyv-q3 ?

Molecule m28988, its an HIV molecule.

Not HIV "molecule," HIV "query." For instance, in some queries there are about 5000 jobs(4097, I think). If you go to a new query, it's possible to process exactly the same molecules as the last query. Especially if you've been disconnected from the Internet and the client has to "create" jobs. A query always has the protein target the same for every job in that query. Look in your directory, Mxxxxxx is a molecule file(x being numbers) that contains exactly 100 molecules. The computer ATTEMPTS to create 100 derivatives from these and analyzes the core molecule and all derivatives for hits(This has something to quantam mechanical stickiness, "stickiness" being a slang term I came up with since I failed High School Chemistry).
Actually, if I'm not mistaken(I might be :) ), the hits counted in the score and the TOTAL number of legal hits are two different things. I'm not sure, but I think if a molecule has more than one "sticky" configuration, they all might count as one hit for that particular molecule.

----------------------------------------------

OFF-TOPIC:

If I've confused you, I apologize. The irony is that while I'm extremely intelligent, I cannot express myself in anything but a technical way, so I will probably never get married and have children that also care deeply and can't explain it.

Paranoid Schizophrenics tend to be very intelligent, very lonely, and have a 1 in 10 chance of commiting or attempting suicide(not sure which. Btw, this is not a threat). So the next time an oddball person decides to out of the blue approach you and attempts to have a very esoteric conversation with you, remember me. :help:

Scooby Doo
10-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I was currious why my stats handn't been updating :D .

Estimated total count time: 4Days, 23hours ,49minutes and 46 seconds according to FADspy :shocked: . ( bear in mind ( no pun intended fozzie ;) ) that my machine isnt on 24/7) . Should be worth 20131 :cool:.

Moogie
10-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Scooby Doo
I was currious why my stats handn't been updating :D .

according to FADspy :shocked: . ( bear in mind ( no pun intended fozzie ;) ) that my machine isnt on 24/7) . Should be worth 20131 :cool:.

w000t!!!!!!

I really need to try FADspy.