PDA

View Full Version : I'll build, you buy...

CaptainMooseInc
10-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Heya guys,

I know most of us on here know our computers better than we know ourselves, but I also know that there are those who don't. I want to offer my services to anyone free of charge. I will build a Custom PC for anyone who wants one as long as they pay for everything. I won't add a penny to the cost for my own personal gain. You'll have the receipts because you've bought the parts, but I'll pick them up.

I order all of my parts through EMICROX.COM and pick them up locally.

If you know your computer parts but are weary of building it yourself, that's fine, just order the parts and pick the "Will pick up locally $0.00" shipping option. I'll go pick them up and build your computer.

When I say custom PC I mean custom. If you don't know your parts you can tell me what you want your computer to look like and I'll build it. If you want a windowed case, I'll get you a windowed case. If you want lights, I'll get you lights. Want an all black case w/ all black drives? Sure, I can do that. :) :thumbs:

If you want a BAREBONES system to run DC projects on and you don't want all that flashly stuff...I CAN DO THAT TOO!!! :thumbs:

If you want me to pick the parts, then I will put all the links into an e-mail and send it to you for approval. If you approve of all the parts, I'll tell you how to log into my account and you can pay for the parts online. EMICROX.COM does -NOT- store any Credit Card information whatsoever on their site, so I won't be able to "steal" your card number if you are afraid of that.

The only thing I'm asking for is that YOU pay for the parts and the final shipping cost to you.

When all the parts have been ordered and picked up, I'll build your computer THAT night. Once the computer is built, I'll turn it on, install everything I've listed below, and complete a 24hr BURN-IN of your new computer with the Find-A-Drug DC project (which will be removed before mailing unless requested not to be). If you don't mind, I'd like to use my account for this time, but if you'd prefer the credit to goto you then that's fine too. It'll only be crunching the Proteome candidates which take only a few hours to complete each.

Your choice of OS is either: You provide the OS (i.e. Linux) or you pay $10.60 to me for Windows XP Professional (I get it dirt cheap at IUPUI, that IS my cost).

I'll install for FREE on your computer FULLY LEGAL copies (you won't receive a CD copy though) of:

Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Ad-aware SE 1.05 Plus
Norton Anti-Virus 9.0 Corporate Edition
(all provided by IUPUI for FREE)

I'm just trying to :help: help :help: anyone out who is wanting to build more systems for a cosmetic look or just brute force for crunching.

I doubt any will respond actually inquiring to me doing this, but I want everyone to know the option is available with no extra cost to have someone build it.

Thanks,
-Jeff

jasong
10-15-2004, 04:22 PM
As someone who lives comfortably on a government check(because of a handicap) but is looking for a job so he won't feel like a lazy bum:

I like the idea. When I finally get a job(been looking for about 3 months) the extras I want to get myself, plus a buffer for splurging, won't take more than 3-4 months to obtain. After that, it's (1) Saving (2) Investing (3) Charity

Find-a-Drug falls under 3, IMO. It's a worthy program and participation can take many forms.

As you may have gleaned from the above, I'm po'(I can't even afford the last two letters :) ) The reason I have this Internet account is I'm leeching off my dad and my parents are a "safety net" as long as I tighten my belt even further when I'm in debt to them. So I ask the following questions:

How long does this offer stand? 3-4 months would be fantastic, especially if I could get a good deal on parts.

2nd question:

I don't have a lot of room and my dad's an A$$ when it comes to things he doesn't understand. Can I assign a name and team number, have you send me the unique ID, run it for me, and bill me, say, $15 a month for labor?

CaptainMooseInc
10-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Offer stands for as long as I'm with Free-DC.

As for running the box under your name at my house. I'd do it for $10/mo (just to cover electricity). Once every quarter I'd want to run FaD under my name for 7 days (just as an added kick towards the Foz).

Just keep in contact when everything in your life comes together and I'll be waiting.

-Jeff

jasong
10-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
Offer stands for as long as I'm with Free-DC.

I'll keep you in mind. Thanks