PDA

View Full Version : Lots & lots of WU

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-08-2004, 02:57 PM
as i write there is a vast!! amount of LHC work. Have just downloaded 5 days on two PC's!:D :D

:cheers:

:( then it was all gone!!:(

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-08-2004, 03:05 PM
it looks like "they" are working late,,,,, so maybe the new server will help them out a bit. But if they don't have anyone to create new WU's as fast as we crunch then they got trouble!!

Now where did i put my D2ol notes.........

willy1
10-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Crikey!! Now it's DOWN again....

I only got 3 WUs....

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
the darn thing is up and down like a tarts knickers!!

Can i say that?????

Oh well:D

willy1
10-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
the darn thing is up and down like a tarts knickers!!

Can i say that?????

Oh well:D

You can, and you did!

alpha
10-08-2004, 05:30 PM
They have linked to why (http://lhcathome.cern.ch/FAQ.html#1.4) the project has this problem on the news section of the main page.

It looks like the project will have no work on occasions, so lets just live with it and run it alongside another project. I don't think it has anything to do with the project administrator being lazy - it is just the nature of the project that causes the lack of work.

Also, I don't really understand why so many people are badmouthing BOINC at the moment. I have tried two BOINC related projects and had zero REAL problems with either (LHC@home and CPDN).

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-08-2004, 05:50 PM
have seen the "link" thankyou, have been looking at the homepage most of the day.
No one has badmouthed anyone in this thread.

Myself and Willy1 were infact making light of the issues.

alpha
10-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
have seen the "link" thankyou, have been looking at the homepage most of the day.

I must have misunderstood, no harm done reiterating something like this for others to see, though.

No one has badmouthed anyone in this thread.

I didn't mean in this thread, it's just that a lot of people are commenting on how unsuccessful BOINC related projects are turning out to be, but I haven't really had any bad experiences with them to report.

Not trying to get anybody riled up.

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Oooh!! server is up again....... gotta go.....