PDA

View Full Version : Installing with Linux ??

Moogie
10-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Ok, we've installed FAD on a machine that uses Linux. Ok, my husband did this as it is his box and I've borged it. :D

He followed the instructions on the site (and in readme) but can't tell if it's working as it should.

How do I tell, in Linux, if everything is working properly? Sorry for the questions here...I'm a noob and Linux (still).

TIA!

GHOST
10-09-2004, 07:32 PM
i think ./top tells you what is using cpu, like task manager

Moogie
10-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks I'll check that.

Anything else?

GHOST
10-09-2004, 07:45 PM
should be a system monitor somewhere in the menu.

magnav0x
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
just run "top" or "ps aux | grep fad" and see if you see it at all.

Moogie
10-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a server.log, and a loader.log which show me that THINK has started. There are also log files such as 5-1CZQ-Q2.log which shows me that something is running but I can't decipher them because they are not readable by a text editor.

I know it's running. It shows up in the task list. But I can't tell if it's giving good information or not.

Plum Ugly
10-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Typing in a terminal window cd fad will get you to the fad directory. then you can type ./ server -list to tell you what is running,and what is queued.
typing ./fadsetup -list will tell you what is setup like in control panel in windows.
typing top in a terminal window will tell you what is running like what task manager does in windows. Typing q will stop it.
Typing ./fadsetup -help will get you to the help window

go to here for a linux script generator.

http://woo.gotdns.com/FrameStats/index.htm on the left side is listed the linux generator. just click on it. fill in the options ya want and it'll generat the script.

hope this helps,as I too am a linux newbie.

Moogie
10-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks folks. I'll take a look at this today.