PDA

View Full Version : I'm in, in a very small way...

PY 222
10-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Ok, I'm in this project with a P4 2.8GHz and I've gotten the client up and running using the "controller:cli" argument in a screen.

My question to you guys that have been on this project longer is that where is the file that shows the email address that you've typed in or a UID somewhere?

I can find the node ID but nothing to tie my username to this node ID. So any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Bok
10-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Welcome PY222!!

There is no file as such. The node.prp file in the /res directoryis a hash of the node id and the email address, but it's non-readable.

Did you register on the D2OL site also ? You need to do that and then from your 'homepage' add the nodes that you use and also join the team.

Bok :D

PY 222
10-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Bok,

I am an old member that has been inactive for a while. So I reused my account from my previous node.

So, my question now is this. What happens if I do not add my new node into my account? Won't the stats do it automatically since I used the same email address as my old account?

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-12-2004, 04:35 PM
if you have the dos box working, type "ta" then hit return, this will start the gui. or just type in "?"

Bok
10-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
Bok,

I am an old member that has been inactive for a while. So I reused my account from my previous node.

So, my question now is this. What happens if I do not add my new node into my account? Won't the stats do it automatically since I used the same email address as my old account?

The stats won't add it in automatically. It will accrue scores but they won't be added to your own score until you add the node. At least this is how I believe it works. I have no idea why they would do it this way.... :(

Bok

PY 222
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
if you have the dos box working, type "ta" then hit return, this will start the gui. or just type in "?"

Its actually on a Fedora machine. I've got it running in the background using screen. What will the "ta" command do anyway if I were already running it as controller:cli ?

@Bok, thanks for the info. I'll go add the node in immediately so it'll show up on your wonderful stats.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Bok
10-12-2004, 04:59 PM
I imagine 'ta' (toggle animations) would fail either trying to connect to X11:0 or something similar. In fact I just tried it on a remote linux machine here and got lots of java errors, though it doesn't stop the node progressing at all.

Bok :D

PY 222
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
One last question.

Has anybody deployed D2OL in a pharm configuration where all nodes does not need to be configured one by one?

From what I can see right now, it ain't possible unless I have missed something here.

Bok
10-12-2004, 05:55 PM
You can, sort of, just copy the node.prp and general.prp from one installation to the others.

Bok

PY 222
10-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Bok
You can, sort of, just copy the node.prp and general.prp from one installation to the others.

Bok

Thanks Bok.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

I've added my other node to my profile and its crunching for the team now.

YAY.

IronBits
10-12-2004, 08:53 PM
I have one boxen on it.

Everyone, don't forget to update the Free-DC Super Computer when you change projects, especially seeing that no one should be running DF now...

We have a lot of new members that don't show up there yet... :dunno:
http://supercomputer.open-dc.org :thumbs: