PDA

View Full Version : Times out without getting project

jasong
10-13-2004, 07:05 PM
I've spent three hours with this thing, but other than stuff that sent me backwards, I haven't accomplished anything.

I don't know if this means anything, but I've got a program in Startup called GStartup which only seems to activate the hard drive and make it spin.

The title of the topic tells you where I'm at, I've basically tried all the obvious tips in the instructions and FAQ.

Question: If I'm behind a firewall, would that explain the timeout, or would it say something different?

Edit: There is no process ranked less than Normal Priority that I don't recognize other than something called,"SearchUpgrader." It has no seconds used, and when I raised it to Priority Normal, nothing seemed to happen. Does this Process sound familiar?

jasong
10-13-2004, 09:00 PM
If I run the batch file and the "read"(not sure what the term means) is timing out, is it possible it's because the server is down?

If so, would letting the cmd.exe running the batch file continue to operate accomplish anything? I ask this because after the initial statement about timing out it doesn't seem to do anything, but the batch file seems to be made to run as an infinite loop(seems to...I haven't programmed in a long time)

Your anser is appreciated.

spaetz
10-14-2004, 04:20 AM
Hi, if the server is down (which unfortunately seems to happen sometimes), it will time out. Just leave it running, the batch file is indeed an infinite loop and will retry to get to the server every now and then.

jasong
10-14-2004, 08:19 PM
It's shutting out my Find-a-Drug program totally and completely! Apparently, Find-a-Drug's Low is LOWER than DHEP.

I'm going to shut both DHEP and FaD off and make two services to look at the load dispersion.

Btw, bravo on making such an efficient client, if the builders are out there.

STAY TUNED!

Be back in about 45 minutes. Gotta go to the FaD boards and relay how "mean" your client is. Don't worry, if I can get them to agree(the clients, I mean), I'll post the method in both forums.

TTFN

jasong
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
The stupid computer won't let me make a scheduled task for Find a Drug, or DHEP either. ????

I checked and the Administrator account isn't password protected, so I can't figure out what's going on.

Is it possible the files need to be on the same drive as the operating system? That's the only thing I can think of.

I am very, very, VERY confused right now.

"Access is Denied"