PDA

View Full Version : Issue with JVM on Debian

PY 222
10-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Ok, I've got 5 P4 2.8 HTs sitting at the bottom of my desk but I can't seem to be able to run this darn client. This is the error message that I see after I run this command:

./D2OL controller:cli

debian:/tmp/SengentD2OL/D2OL# ./D2OL controller:cli
Running with Command Line Interface Controller...
GUI OutputStream] FATAL [com.sengent.d2ol.node.gui.GUIController] Error Initializing GUIController.
GUI OutputStream] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/SengentD2OL/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
GUI OutputStream] at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
GUI OutputStream] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1473)
GUI OutputStream] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1389)
GUI OutputStream] at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
GUI OutputStream] at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
GUI OutputStream] at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
GUI OutputStream] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
GUI OutputStream] at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1401)
GUI OutputStream] at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1422)
GUI OutputStream] at java.awt.Font.<clinit>(Font.java:136)
GUI OutputStream] at com.sengent.d2ol.node.gui.GUIConstants.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
GUI OutputStream] at com.sengent.d2ol.node.gui.GUIController.main(Unknown Source)

I've downloaded the package with JVM and I did the changes in the D2OL.lax file to point to the directory where I am running this client from.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I:bang:

PY 222
10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Ok... actually the error message was a non-issue.

Although I don't know exactly what is going on but the client took somewhat like 5 minutes for it to initialize itself and to start downloading work.

So, let this be known that if you guys see this error message at the top, give the client more time and it'll happily go about its business. :D

PCZ
10-16-2004, 04:05 AM
The client was trying to launch X and failing.
edit general.prp and change
LaunchMain=true to LaunchMain=false

willebenn
10-16-2004, 07:17 AM
You still may have a problem. There is a C library match problem. The client needs older libs than what is in most newer distros.
See the D2OL Linux client forum.
With this problem the client seems to run, download work, upload results etc. but no credit is given. I had this happen with Fedora.
Check and be sure each node is reporting credit.

PY 222
10-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys.

I've just verified that all 5 machines has just been given credit for work done approximately 10 hours ago.

Also, since this are P4 HyperTreading boxes, does the client fully utilize the HT or should I run two instances of the client?

em99010pepe
10-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
Thanks guys.

I've just verified that all 5 machines has just been given credit for work done approximately 10 hours ago.

Also, since this are P4 HyperTreading boxes, does the client fully utilize the HT or should I run two instances of the client?

PY 222,

Read this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7631).

Carlos

PY 222
10-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Ahh... thanks Carlos for the linky. Its been extremely helpful.

em99010pepe
10-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Guys,

This is offtopic.

Who runs D2OL + Norton AntiVirus? Can you check that evertime a wu's is finished, Norton spends a few secons scanning the data recorded to D2OL folder. In task manager there is an option to add the time column.
Well, to the end of a day you waste a few minutes of crunching.

Carlos

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Norton> options> Autoprotect> Exclutions> new,,,,, and then find sengent\D2ol,,,,, include subfolders

em99010pepe
10-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
Norton> options> Autoprotect> Exclutions> new,,,,, and then find sengent\D2ol,,,,, include subfolders

Thanks. Never thought about that. Well, I am always learning.

Carlos