PDA

View Full Version : Admit, who's working for me?

wirthi
10-26-2004, 11:50 AM
After quite a time I took a detailed look at my stats again. And what do I see? I'm operating with 4 different handles - but I only got 3 computers. All of them run only one instance of the client.

All of the four clients listet in the stats http://stats.find-a-drug.net/jobs1.php?Nickname=Wirthi (I chose "1 week") have about one week of cpu-time (except the client with id 7002395 , I just set it up some days ago).

How come I now have 4 machines working for me while in only own 3? I did defintly not borg any machine.

Another interesting point: the machine that seems to work "without permission" has got ID 25. That was my original id when I first signed up but I have long lost that one after re-installing the client?

Any ideas?

Jkusuda
10-26-2004, 12:34 PM
wirthi,

Every client you install on machines is given a different member id#. For stats to go to one username instead of adding the ; after your name, the username and email address have to match exactly. I'm not quite sure if team number has to match as well.

Also, I would bet that when you reinstalled FAD on the computer, a new member id was assigned to it. That would make sense with your 3 computers and 4 memeber id#'s.

Hope this helps.

wirthi
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi,

thanks for the info jkusuda.

I'm using the same username/email on all my (3) machines. Only if somebody else used my data, I would get a 4th machine by that.

And when I reinstall the client on one machine, I get a new ID; ok, but the old one should vanish then. That's not what has happend - I got 4 IDs online the same time (as I wrote, three of them have processed about 7 days of work during the last week, and on the last machine I have installed FAD for the first time a few days ago). That means there have to be four different machines online.

CaptainMooseInc
10-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Not saying it's right, but do you mind someone crunching in your name? I mean...that's more stats. When you find the culprit give'em a big'ol public :spank: ing

:thumbs:

Hope ya get to the bottom of this..
-Jeff

wirthi
10-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Hmm .. I'm really grateful for this quite big boost in stats, nevertheless I'd like to know who does such things :)

And I'd like to know how he made it to crunsh with my original ID ... I mean, that are not may who still got a two-digit id in FAD ... and this guy seems to know how to reactivate such an account ...

Longbow
10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
This thread may help: http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2411
:dunno:

wirthi
10-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Longbow
This thread may help: http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2411
:dunno:
Yes, thank you, it looks like I got the answer after posting there:

The server assigned member numbers in the wrong range for a while. A new member got your old number. But fortunately it did not overwrite your old account. So I believe the new member sees his data locally via fadsetup, but he doesn't appear with his own name in the stats.

Sooner or later the new member hopefully discovers that the name doesn't show up in the stats, and will try to re-register.
Poor new member, but as long I get his credits and not he the mine ... :D