PDA

View Full Version : 83 more to go

b2uc
10-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Just 83 more primes to find. We had an excredible week last week. Riesel Sieve found 3 342k+ digit primes while Ray Ballinger found another one just slightly larger than ours. That's 4 megabit primes in a span of 7 days. It was absolutely incredible.

For those that don't know, in the Riesel Conjecture Problem, Riesel Sieve 'owns' 71 of the remaining 83 k's while the 12 remaining values of k belong to individuals who have put in years of work on their k values. We don't 'unify' the numbers...because we respect the wishes of those that have crunched before us.

For those that would love to find a Top 50 prime...our project is what you are looking for. We guarantee the most bang for the prime buck of any project out there. We have 83 more primes to find to prove the Riesel Conjecture...they will ALL be Top 50 primes or better. In a few months ALL our future primes will be Top 20 primes..and it will just go up from there.

If sieving is your game...then we have a need for you. We are about to complete sieving to 70T. We intend to sieve to atleast 1000T and beyond. We are still getting 5-10 factors/G. Come join the fun!

Lee Stephens
Riesel Sieve
www.rieselsieve.com

IronBits
10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
What's the best proc/boxen for this type of project?

Mustard
10-27-2004, 02:11 AM
AthlonXPs for sieving, and P4s for llrnet.

b2uc
10-27-2004, 03:41 AM
AMD XP's love to sieve...it seems they were born to sieve. P4's destroy LLR tests...so they are a natural fit. The AMD64 can do either equally well..a little slower on the LLR test than a P4 of equal value...but not that much. Older Pentiums and slower celerons can sieve great too.

Eventhough we can list out what CPU is best for what....there will most likely be a rush to the LLR side of the project over the next few months. Until we hit a lull in the prime finding storm...I feel everyone wants to join the glory side of the project and hit the next big prime. A few months of no primes will bring people back to the sieve side....but I feel we will hit 10 more primes before people get very serious about sieving.

Even I have AMD XP's running LLRNET...see..even I am not immune to the thrill of the possiblity of hitting such monsterous primes;)

Lee Stephens
Riesel Sieve