PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock is METALLICA!!!

CaptainMooseInc
11-18-2004, 08:51 PM
I just got home from listening to the radio and realized something. Kid Rock and Metallica have a song with the EXACT same music to them.

Download: American Badass by Kid Rock
Download: Sad But True by Metallica

Synce the two files up (cut out the small quiet spot at the beginning of Kid Rock's song) and the two songs are IDENTICAL for music.

I never noticed this. Can someone try and find an article or a statement from either band or a newspaper that might show this?

Thanks!
-Jeff

the-mk
11-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Oh my god! :scared:

Who copied from who? (For me as Metallica fan I hope it was Kid Rock!)

The "melody" is exactly the same!

Ok, after some research, it must have been Kid Rock, the copier! :D The original "Sad but true" was released by Metallica on the "Metallica" a.k.a. "The Black Album" which is on market since 1991. The song "American Badass" is on the album "The History of Rock" which exists since about 2000.

A statement of the two bands would be really interesting!

That's sad, but true!

We need a smiley which does some headbanging

CaptainMooseInc
11-19-2004, 12:51 AM
I lined up the two perfectly in Adobe Premiere. The Audio wavelengths are identical other than a 10% Audio gain in Kid Rock's version. I decreased it by 10% and they match PERFECTLY (zoom in REALLY close). The Brown Trucker Band (or whatever it's called) must've added a few drum beats in there though because a few parts spike.

Hmmm....I love Kid Rock...I love Metallica (sort of for both). Oh well. Maybe I'll create a remix in Adobe. :) Part Metallica Lyrics, part Kid Rock Lyrics :)

I love Adobe (totally), but maybe I should get Sonic or something for this task. I kinda need an audio editor anywayz....LokiTorrent! Here I come!

-Jeff

Bok
11-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Soundforge..

I can't stand Kid Rock or Metallica (now). I do like early Metallica, when Cliff Burton was still alive. In fact I seen them a few times way back when. '86 was the first time on the Puppets tour with Anthrax supporting at the Mayfair in Newcastle. Probably one of the best gigs I've ever seen and about 1 month before Cliff was killed. They got too big for their boots after that IMO.

Of course I delved into lots of metal after that and I still listen to some of the extreme stuff like Carcass, Boltthrower today :p

Bok :D

Darkness Productions
11-19-2004, 08:22 AM
By the way guys, he was given permission by Metallica to 'resample' the music into his stuff... happens all the time.