PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord, TGC Is Coming for Me!

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Just out of curiosity, I took a look at my personal stats (http://yttrium.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/fdc-stats/distfold/stats.pl?userId=8) tonight and found TGC at the top of my 'Current Threats' table!

A little closer investigation lead to this:

http://www.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/fdc-stats/distfold/graph-vs.pl?userId1=8&userId2=533

Well, TGC, I'm sure happy you've come to Free-DC, but I'm not going to make it that easy for you. :D :D

<mumbles to self> I seem to remember having a couple more machines around here somewhere...</mumbles to self>

FoBoT
05-14-2002, 12:53 AM
run! Dyyryath, run!! :eek:

Moogie
05-14-2002, 01:25 AM
Ahh...somebody is gonna get Dyy to work. :D

This oughta be interesting. :)

Great job guys. This will be fun to watch. :)

Edited: To make first sentence understandable

mr_mann
05-14-2002, 01:44 AM
doesnt anyone learn? ive sat here and challenged that guy for along time.. once i get ahead of him he adds a "couple" of machines and he out produces you by 10X :D

MAD-ness
05-14-2002, 02:43 AM
By a 'couple' of machines, I think he really means 'a couple dozen' or even a 'couple hundred.'

He is a sly one, you have to keep an eye on him. :(

IronBits
05-14-2002, 03:00 AM
Alright! Another one of them "breakers of rule #1" for Dyyryath to handle. :D
Damn, the above linkage is borked :(
/me digs out the popcorn machine
:cheers:
I couldn't help notice that it says Dyyryath will pass DATA on 12-07-2003.
:rotfl: :help: :bs: :jester:

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 03:23 AM
Heh, I've got too much stuff going on right now to be keeping track of too many systems, but I am going to put all of my home systems back to work.

We'll see if that's enough to hold him off or not. If nothing else, it'll probably slow down his advance quite a bit. :D :D

jpb1
05-14-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
Just out of curiosity, I took a look at my personal stats (http://yttrium.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/fdc-stats/distfold/stats.pl?userId=8) tonight and found TGC at the top of my 'Current Threats' table!

A little closer investigation lead to this:

http://www.zerothelement.com/cgi-bin/fdc-stats/distfold/graph-vs.pl?userId1=8&userId2=533

Well, TGC, I'm sure happy you've come to Free-DC, but I'm not going to make it that easy for you. :D :D

<mumbles to self> I seem to remember having a couple more machines around here somewhere...</mumbles to self> This oughta be interesting.

:notworthy I can assure you it is not easy ( someone remembers a certain smack down from March/April '01, only the roles were reversed in Genome)

Ahh...somebody is gonna get Dyy to work.

This oughta be interesting.

Great job guys. This will be fun to watch.

Until Dyyryath brings the Armada online, then it will be a cake walk for him. :cool:

Heh, I've got too much stuff going on right now to be keeping track of too many systems, but I am going to put all of my home systems back to work.

Hmm...think it is time to bring the rest of the home fleet on-line here as well...;)

Paratima
05-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Dayum! Gorilla poop right beside the trail! Looks like a 900-pounder, too. :eek:

xj10bt
05-14-2002, 09:16 AM
Gee Dyy, you're in 13th place, what's the big deal about moving down one more? It's not like you'll ever get into the top 10 or anything.

IronBits
05-14-2002, 10:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHA
:rotfl:

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by xj10bt
Gee Dyy, you're in 13th place, what's the big deal about moving down one more? It's not like you'll ever get into the top 10 or anything.

HA! :D :D

Actually, I'm strategically placed right now. I decided long ago that 13th was the PERFECT place to be. Close enough to keep that damned xj10bt in striking distance, but far enough away that he wouldn't notice any stealthy goings-on...

Of course, that's before you were thumped down a notch. I don't know, you just don't seem so potent and impressive from that number 2 spot. :D :D

DATA
05-14-2002, 11:13 AM

HA! :D :D

Actually, I'm strategically placed right now. I decided long ago that 13th was the PERFECT place to be. Close enough to keep that damned xj10bt in striking distance, but far enough away that he wouldn't notice any stealthy goings-on...

Of course, that's before you were thumped down a notch. I don't know, you just don't seem so potent and impressive from that number 2 spot. :D :D

but xj10bt has something now to strive for again just making sure he dose not :sleepy: on the job :D
(sorry for upsetting the way of things ) :jester:

IronBits
05-14-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by DATA
But xj10bt has something now to strive for again just making sure he dose not :sleepy: on the job :D

Well just be careful not to wake up guru while you guys are fooling around up there ! :scared:

Moogie
05-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by IronBits

Well just be careful not to wake up guru while you guys are fooling around up there ! :scared:

Hadn't thought of that. :D That would get really interesting. :scared:

JTrinkle
05-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Remember this (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=390)

Score:
JTrinkle 92,875,020
Dyyryath 31,454,612

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Want me to stop at 100 Mil and wait for ya?? :sleepy:
The AMD Hammers should be out by then :D

/me wonders if he found the right button to push :D

-Jim

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 01:41 PM
LOL! :D :D

Yeah, I remember that. Unfortunately, this seemed to be a portent of things to come:

The client does seem quite good. At this point, it's the best one I've seen since RC5. Let's hope it works out this well over time...

After having to reinstall the damn client from scratch a couple of times, I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle. :(

To be honest, I'm still not willing to run it on anything but home systems. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with another problem on lots of systems.

At least at home, if all the clients die, it only takes me a few minutes to uninstall them. :D

Oh well, I guess I'll just hang out down here for awhile. Pay no attention to me... ;)

xj10bt
05-14-2002, 01:49 PM
/me runs through forum banging on large metal trashcan with a stick

GURU, WAKE UUUPPPP!!!

GURU, WAKE UUUPPPP!!!

xj10bt
05-14-2002, 01:51 PM
Dyy, if there are problems with the client now at least they are much farther apart :)

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Dyy, if there are problems with the client now at least they are much farther apart :)

LOL! :D :D

Well, yeah, there is that.... ;)

Dyyryath
05-14-2002, 02:03 PM
/me gets in line behind xj10bt and sings loudly and offkey...

GURU, WAKE UUUPPP!!!

GURU, WAKE UUUPPP!!!

Moogie
05-14-2002, 02:23 PM
/me gets in line behind xj10bt and sings loudly and offkey...

GURU, WAKE UUUPPP!!!

GURU, WAKE UUUPPP!!!

Ditto! :thumbs:

IronBits
05-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Well at least you don't have to worry about DATA !
He doesn't appear to be working on DF atm ...
DATA, where you be? I can't seem to keep up with all the changes :(

mr_mann
05-14-2002, 03:55 PM
wakey :sleepy: wakey guru its time for school :D

DATA
05-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Well at least you don't have to worry about DATA !
He doesn't appear to be working on DF atm ...
DATA, where you be? I can't seem to keep up with all the changes :(

still where i was when i came here at the top of the table :D - currently working on 1.3K genes on the G&H project :cool:

Kosh
05-14-2002, 04:59 PM

Geez, a week ago I was aiming for that spot, now here I am 2 updates away from 17. Looks like I'll have to find a way to sneak into the labs at work.

But unless Angus shapes up I won't be 17th for long.

Angus
05-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Angus has some boxes temporarily assigned elsewhere, and will be back shortly - long before you get there

:moon:

.. and I think there will be 20-odd dual cpu servers that need to be burned in appearing shortly...

jpb1
05-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kosh

Geez, a week ago I was aiming for that spot, now here I am 2 updates away from 17. Looks like I'll have to find a way to sneak into the labs at work.

But unless Angus shapes up I won't be 17th for long.

Don't worry Kosh, you will be able to regain 16th position soon enough. I have not run DF in quite sometime and just wanted to test the waters again. Production will be dropping off considerably real soon. I have some personel goals to meet in acouple of other projects and am falling behind, so switiching back tonight/tomorrow. I will return to DF once I have achieved the goals, hopefully they will have completed the Be port of the client by then and I can turn the whole fleet to running DF.