PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get ID on new machine

Conjur
05-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Everything else works fine on this machine. It is running XP Pro if that makes a diff. I can surf, email, nntp, etc. and see my internal network. I did set the gateway to the linksys router and joined my home domain (was in a workgroup by itself) and neither of those made a difference.

This machine runs the SETI CLI just fine but I do connect it to an inhouse SETI Queue

My laptop that works fine using the same network cable is a W2K Adv. Server acting as a domain controller and running DNS itself but I usually treat it as a workstation unless I'm on the road as it normally uses DHCP to connect to either my home network or my client's network.

I've thought of trying to GUI for F@H to see what happens but I'm more into making progress than looking at a pretty screen (since this monitor is off most of the time).

Benchmarking ...
Configuring Folding@home...
User name [Anonymous]? Conjur
Team Number[0]? 198
Ask before fetching/sending work [no]?
Use proxy [no]?
- Ask before connecting: No
+ Requesting machine ID from server
- Getting ID from AS: - couldnt send request

+ Could not get ID from server. Retrying...
- Getting ID from AS: - couldnt send request

+ Could not get ID from server. Retrying...
- Getting ID from AS: ***** Got a SIGTERM signal (2) from OS

Folding@Home Client Shutdown.

D:\Program Files\Fold@Home>

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
05-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Since you are in the Distributed Folding message board, why don't you try to run the Distributed Folding client instead of the Folding @ Home one? You can get the details and download it from http://distributedfolding.org.