PDA

View Full Version : Hey Laurenu2

Fozzie
12-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Congrats on 1262 Million Molecules :notworthy

PY 222
12-31-2004, 02:33 PM
At first I thought Fozzie has gone bonkers but then I saw the stats on Laurenu2.

Holy Batman.... 1,262,182,598 Molecules. :scared:

LAURENU2
12-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Ya I and the only billionaire FAD has YET :blush: But I am sure that will change soon. :drums:
I am impressed with your team output considering the FAD membership size :shocked:
What are your goals as far as team rank? Are you going to challenge the big boys ?
Or settle for 3rd place? :thumbs:

Bok
12-31-2004, 04:36 PM
We never settle for anything less than 1st, but people are always free to crunch whatever interests them.

We are also pushing in D2OL and are in 3rd there and rising :) And of course we ended up 1st in DF and are high on many other projects.

Of course in FaD, you moving over to Free-DC would be a great help and incentive for others to run it up another notch I think :thumbs:

Some of our big players aren't pushing in FAD, if they did we could probably fairly easily match the top teams I think....

It would put us in 5th I believe hot on the heels of TA... that would be interesting :rotfl:

Bok :cheers:

black_civic55
12-31-2004, 05:22 PM
yes join us!!:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

PY 222
12-31-2004, 05:29 PM
This is off-topic but LAURENU2, I was over at your website and saw that you've got a phpBB version that is very insecure. I would highly recommend that you upgrade your board immediately because there is a worm out on the Internet that is wrecking havoc on all phpBB based boards that are version 2.0.10 or lower.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=248046

magnav0x
12-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Also if you are the owner of the server or have SSH access you might want to check your /tmp or /var/tmp folder for the worm. Right now there are a few variants of the worms, I have all the code for them. Typically they are installing the worm in /tmp and executing it so your server will scan and infect even more systems. It also installs a IRC bot and shell. Then they are able to send any commands they like to your server via IRC.

Like PY222 said, upgrade phpBB to 2.0.11 and if you are the owner of the server I would put this in your httpd.conf

<Directory /*>
#TEMP BANS
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} LWP::Simple [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} lwp-trivial [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} libwww-perl [NC]
RewriteRule ^.*$ http://127.0.0.1 [R,L]
</Directory>

Right now it's working fine, because all the scripts are Perl, but that isn't to say they won't add a user agent spoofing function in a new revision. If you aren't the owner of the server, be sure to talk to the system admin about this. :D

BTW, 2.0.11 isn't secure against attacks, there is a revised exploit for it as well (attacking the &rush variable). Man, gotta love honeypots :thumbs:

LAURENU2
12-31-2004, 10:05 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL :|party|: :bouncy: :elephant: :drums: :|ot|::bonk:
Thank all for the heads up on my website
I will send support at mydomain.com a email and ask for a upgrade to fix the problem
It is sad that the net has brought out all this need for protection.
I guess I must be dating my self when I can say I remember a time when it was safe to play on the net and have sex...:trash: