PDA

View Full Version : Did I lose a machine?

wirthi
01-10-2005, 04:03 PM
I used to run DPAD a lot many, many month ago so I just decided to check once again how the project and the team are advancing.

And what do I see? I was last active 33 hours ago. Well, with 22 years of age my mind is not the youngest any more but I had hoped to get a few more years before Alzheimer's disease finally got me.

I'm sure DPAD is not installed on the four machines I've clients running on. And I don't mean "not running" but really "not installed". How come I sent in results 33 hours ago.

Is someone else crunching for me again (that actually happend a month or two ago with my FAD-account)? Did I lose one machine? Are the stats broken?

Guess I'll have to contact Stephen to finding that out.

Nexus
01-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Sometimes results can get "stuck" in the pipeline for a long time before they finally get processed. I find that, even when I put the project on hold for a few days for whatever reason, there's still a trickle of results going through. Dunno why this should be, but that's what happens.

wirthi
01-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Hmmm .. that must be a very sticky result if it stuck in the queue for that long. I don't remember exactly when I let DPAD run the last time but I doubt it was in 2004. 2003 seems much more likely.

Stephen replied to my question at this thread in his forum (http://stephenbrooks.org/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=724606111&f=3126012111&m=3261066521) that it's quite an old version. Well, that sounds like I really lost a machine somewhere but that seems too strange. In only borged a machine once; I still know where that one is, and it was not even DPAD but d.net

Strange things just happen, I can't do anythings against it so nevermind ...