PDA

View Full Version : Any Turbo Linux Users?

Mustard
01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm just wondering if there are any Turbo Linux users on the forum as I've got a couple of questions if anyone else uses it.

Beyond
01-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Just noticed this post...:blush:

I ran turbolinux in the old 5.4 - 6.0 days, but have not done so since (TurboLinux fell behind in the kernal updates for sometime several years ago so I moved on).

Mustard
01-29-2005, 02:44 PM
yeah, they went into their own kernel mods for the server stuff before the others (redhat/suse) and went a spell there on their own. They were also working hard on language compatibility for Chinese/Japanese. However it is a good distro, and like others it has it's shortcomings too. My main issue with it revolves around a lack of public forums to yak about various stuff people running the distros usually yak about. From what I see so far, if you have difficulties, then you head for the "support" board and start paying. And I don't particularly care to have to open an official trouble ticket each time I want to ask about .rpm compatibility for instance and stuff like that. So I'm still wondering if there are any public forums out there for turbolinux???????????????

Helix_Von_Smelix
01-29-2005, 04:02 PM
good old google

kinky linky (http://www.linuxiso.org/forums/viewforum.php?forum=28)

:cheers:

Mustard
01-30-2005, 01:49 AM
I thank you very much!!!!! Take care!