PDA

View Full Version : linux client getting stuck/stopping

FoBoT
02-08-2005, 09:33 AM
had this happen to 5 of 8 over the weekend, now i come in this morning and have the same thing

it is stuck in a loop , it appears

"[FIDA] Requesting Assignment"
"[FIDA] Connecting to Server"
"Failed - Retry after 10 seconds"

when i restarted them yesterday they all restarted ok

now i am going through them all again :bonk:

is the server down? i don't seem to be getting them to restart this time :haddock:

Bok
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Looks like it, I expect it to be back very soon now.

Bok

em99010pepe
02-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Server is up.

Carlos

Bok
02-08-2005, 11:42 AM
The word from the admins on this..

remember in the older days when the server would run out of work when it finished a particular run? The process was then a manual one to go onto a new run.

He is implementing a queuing system to ensure this does not happen again. Looks like there was a few bugs in it overnight, but he is confident that it will not happen again.

So hang in there, the project is undergoing some changes, hopefully they will get it right very soon.

Bok :cheers:

Bok
02-08-2005, 12:38 PM
FoBoT,

looks like you are correct though. The linux clients haven't restarted for me.
Stopping and starting them fixes the issue.

Graeme, if you read this, can you check this please ?

Thanks

Bok

em99010pepe
02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Just for the record the windows client restarted automatically.

Carlos

PCZ
02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
None of my linux clients restarted :(

Mustard
02-08-2005, 06:06 PM
nor did mine restart, so I lost a good bit of production today as I was not home to reset them. :( Ticks me off as I'd added a couple more systems too just to ratchet up the production a bit..... so I ended up losing instead.....

:fart:

FoBoT
02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
i added the dnet client to run as a backup, so i'll just watch the stats and if my numbers fall off, i'll check the eon thingy and restart it

or maybe it''ll get fixed

magnav0x
02-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Linux client is all I lost today, but after restarting it all was fine like the others mentioned.

Mustard
02-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Unfortunately I went through another session of it later this afternoon.. Didn't have any problems with it at all until a good load started getting placed on the server. ????? Anyway, I'm back running projects that allow caching so that I don't lose machine time.

Mustard
02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Ah the games we play to feed our addictions............ I now have two full time connections into this place, and split the load between them. Things seem to be running a little more smoothly so far today. Have a couple more systems to bring on line yet at some point in the game. On one of the isp connections, their equipment is not renegotiating lease renewals very reliably, so I'm having to go in and manually renew them. Theoretically they are "working" on that, but don't seem to be having much luck at it so far. So anyway, if the production goes up and down, it's due to connectivity issues. So what you see is what you get. :)