PDA

View Full Version : double dc-ing question

jasong
02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
One of the reasons I got into DCing was comraderie(sp?) and socialization between the projects. Because of this, and the nature of EON work-units, I have the following question:

If I run two projects at once, which will effectively make it seem like EON is running on an 805MHz Sempron(1100+, I guess), can I still be effective in the project? Or am I just wasting time and bandwidth?

Longbow
02-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Depends on the two projects running concurrently. You can run stuff like Dimes and Chessbrain without bothering eOn (or any other project) hardly at all.

If you are concerned with the recent idle time Eon has been creating I feel confident that issue will be resolved soon enough.

omer
02-22-2005, 09:33 PM
yes ofcourse, running anything in parallel should not affect each other..

jasong
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by omer
yes ofcourse, running anything in parallel should not affect each other..
Thanks for the quick reply.

OFF TOPIC: I just recently got a job that puts a little money in my pocket, but my basic lifestyle has gotten cheaper because my social life hit the skids a few months ago. So I am in the paradoxical position of worrying about finances even more, now that I have money to "burn." Very interesting that we're only concerned about something when we can control it, even if the situation has actually improved.