PDA

View Full Version : Windows "GUI" Client

omer
02-24-2005, 09:21 PM
GUI in quotes, because the one we had before wasnt "graphical" at all, try this one and you will get the idea :cool:

the webiste is updated, try it out: http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/download/eon_client.exe

and i am sorry to tell you guys, i wasnt able to do anything abt the two requests:

1. WinME: dont have access to it. I basically pass an argument while creating the process which says "dont show window", i guess it is not compatible with WinME. I will have to get my hands to an ME machine to try other variants.

2. Scroller: i added one, but because of some reason (i cannot figure out), the gui starts hogging up the processor like crazy, it actually starts competing with the client, lol, i had to take that out, will keep trying that!

anyways, have fun playing with the new gui!

omer
02-24-2005, 10:58 PM
here's an image for the people who dont use windows

IronBits
02-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Looks nice!
I'll add SKINS to your ToDo list, that way we can choose the colors we want ;)

KWSN_Dagger
02-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually i use Win ME, and my GUI is a shade of lime green. The only thing that sorta annoys me is that the analyze program keeps popping up every 5 secs. Shouldn't that be a background run program? It doesn't pop up with the text client.

Longbow
02-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I have a request for the next update of the windows GUI. Could we get a darker text font in the output area? On three windows machines I have running you can barely read it.

omer
02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
skins: good idea, right now i have all the images inside the client executable, if u want i can pull those out in a "skins" folder. if yes, i will try to do that next time i do any changes to the gui

WinME: i havent tried myself on it, but I know it doesnt work well, Carlos complained before as well, I basically start a process with "DO NOT SHOW WINDOW" option, and it seems ME doesnt recognize that, what i suggest for now, is to turn off the threshold to get rid of the 15 sec popup. (by the way, with the gui, you are not supposed to see the black window for client as well - it is there for the same reason)

darker text: will do that too, actually i realized this myself, but the gui took a lot of cpu cycles when I made it editable, so its disabled now, and the visibility is poor, i will see how i can improve that

thanks for all the suggestions!