PDA

View Full Version : Another Addition to the Stats

Dyyryath
05-21-2002, 11:35 PM
I've added buttons to the left column of the stats page (http://www.zerothelement.com/fdc-stats/distfold/index-1.shtml) that will allow you to change how the stats are sorted.

http://www.zerothelement.com/offsite-images/stats-sort-snapshot.png

As you can see, you can sort them by the last update, the last 24 hours worth of updates, or by each user's 72hr average.

I've also got a couple of other things that will be added shortly.

Expect to see more graphs. I've got to do my best to keep the addicts addicted. ;)

Paratima
05-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Too cool! (pant) (pant)

You're great, Dyy. (drool)

I can quit stats anytime I want! (pant)

Dyyryath
05-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Since you're one of our biggest abusers...<ahem>...I mean users of the stats, maybe you could offer a couple of ideas?

Do you have anything in particular that you'd like to see? I've got a couple of things of my own that I'm going to add, but if you have any ideas, now would be the time to bring them up. ;)

Kosh
05-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Very nice, something else to keep my mind off work.

Edit:
Might be nice to see a prediction of what the next 24 hour period will be like based on the past trend.

And I don't know how feasable or useful this would be but how about weekly production, I think it would be a better measure than 72hr avg since people usually keep the same habits from week to week but not necessarily day to day. And then there's DATA who just works on something whenever he feels like it.

Paratima
05-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Now that you've added the sort buttons, there's not much I can think of. Let's see. You look at the stats to (a) measure your own progress and (b) measure someone else's progress, leading to (c) comparing their progress to your progress. Whew! I think that's it. :confused:

The competitive aspect is fairly simple. Is he gaining on me or vice versa? ;) That's there in spades.

Looking at my own progress, first I want to make sure that I haven't slipped back (maybe a machine down?). Then I want to know how much impact was created by the last tweak I made or box I added. Hmmmm. I think that covers it.

So. Sounds like my main concern is current production as a plus or minus percentage of my "normal" production (72-hour average). Dunno. I think it's all there. :thumbs:

digital_me
05-22-2002, 12:22 AM
is it possible to compare members from different teams? like in statsman... it'll be cool if i can do the same thing from your stats :)

i want to see my progress catching up on Colin and IB, graph, daily production, overtake date...

i hope that's not too much

DM :)

digital_me
05-22-2002, 12:24 AM
and...

why don't you have "Best RMS" ?

DM

Dyyryath
05-22-2002, 01:00 AM
Actually, I'm looking at doing something with cross-team comparisons now. We'll see how it goes... :)

As for Best RMS, I originally had it, but dropped it because it wasn't that interesting to me (since it's purely a 'luck of the draw' kind of thing) and no one else has shown any desire to have it.

If there's a demand for it, I can certainly put it back.

pointwood
05-22-2002, 01:29 AM
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something missing from this page:
http://www.zerothelement.com/tsf-stats/index-1.shtml

:p :p :D

Cool stats Dyyryath! :smoking: :notworthy

Dyyryath
05-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by pointwood
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something missing from this page:
http://www.zerothelement.com/tsf-stats/index-1.shtml

:p :p :D

Cool stats Dyyryath! :smoking: :notworthy

Hmmmm....big production numbers? :D :D

Paratima
05-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
Hmmmm....big production numbers? :D :D :rotfl: :p :D

mr_mann
05-22-2002, 11:30 AM
heheheh :D i want those to be all over the place dyy[tab] can u fix it so we can produce more? :D

MAD-ness
05-22-2002, 06:20 PM
I am gonna take that as a challenge Dyy. :)

Great stats work, as always. However, your color coding on the Free-DC page is all funky, i.e. not accurate. Not sure if this is a glitch or what.

Dyyryath
05-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah, I modded the color codes used on the Free-DC pages some time ago, but I forgot to edit the legend. Thanks, MAD-ness! :thumbs:

As for the other: I've always thought of you guys as "challenged". ;) :D

Paratima
05-22-2002, 07:01 PM
As for the other: I've always thought of you guys as "challenged". ;) :D However, out of consideration for your feelings and those of your relatives, we generally use the word "special". :p

MAD-ness
05-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Just to let you know in advance, I am a very poor sport.

It might take me a year, but I think I can manage to make you eat your words, atleast in a small way, sooner or later.

Motivation is good, anyways. :)

Paratima
05-22-2002, 08:56 PM
MAD-ness: There was no intent to be insulting or hurtful. Please take the banter in the spirit in which it was given, which was, as you noted, motivationally inclined. Comebacks welcome anytime.

Have a virtual beer on Free-DC. :cheers:

Dyyryath
05-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Ah, those guys from TSF know I love em. :)

TSF is my second favorite team! :thumbs:

I'll always have a soft spot for the Ars DC world. :cheers:

pointwood
05-23-2002, 03:56 AM

Hmmmm....big production numbers? :D :D I was actually thinking about the cool new additions you had added to the Free-DC stats, but you are more than welcome to add some big production numbers too :p :rotfl: ;)

EDIT: Let's see how long you'll be looking at us as "challenged" ;) :p

RipItUp
05-24-2002, 02:23 AM
This is a very nice site Dyyryath. Looks like you ( and Iron Bits ?) have put a lot of work into it. Anyone else who helped as well.

Regards

Andy [H]

Dyyryath
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey, thanks Andy! It's good to see you around.

Feel free to come by and talk with the locals anytime!

MAD-ness
05-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Paratima: I DID take it in the spirit it was intended, which was in jest.

Like I said, I am a poor sport. Not angry, in fact I was grinning when I read it, but definitely motivated to do what I can to change us from "challenged" to "challenging." :)

MAD-ness
05-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Dyyryath: thank you for enhancing our stats.

We really DO appreciate it.

You definitely earn the title of "stats god" that I hear people tossing about every so often. =)

Paratima
05-24-2002, 06:43 PM
MAD-ness: I understand the difficulty. :p

Good folding to you!

CSMan
05-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Great work Dyy! I love it! Especially like the commas. :) Makes things easier.

In case you haven't noticed yet (which you probably have) the color for Bioinformatic Consulting Group on the Free-DC stats page is the same as the background so you can't see the bar. Better get busy! ;) :D

Dyyryath
05-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Actually, there isn't a bar there to see just yet. ;)

The color is the same as the background (and I *am* going to change that), but it's got an outline around it so it will show up.

However, I've only been tracking BCG for a couple of updates so there isn't any 24 hour data available for them yet. That's why they don't show up. They should show up sometime tomorrow...

Paratima
05-26-2002, 11:52 AM
DYYRYATH

:notworthy O great God of Stats

This has been bugging me for some time...

My hourly update shows that I clocked in 14,962 structures in the last hour. IronBits shows that he clocked in 15,011 in the same time. However, having made notes an hour ago, I calculate (fingers AND toes) that we have each actually produced exactly 15,000 structures.

Here's a clue: My total on the DF stats page is a number ending in 962 and his ends in 11. Do ya think ya could maybe take a look... :D

Paratima
05-26-2002, 12:51 PM
ummm, BTW,

It looks as if the Threats/Conquests section is based on current (hourly) production. Wouldn't it be better based on 24-hr avg or even 72-hr avg?

Long as I've got your attention... :D Hey, you DID ask for suggestions!

The Daily Gain column doesn't really need to show decimal places.

Thanks, your High Statsness. :smoking:

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 01:39 PM
OK, I *think* I've fixed the precision problem with the totals (which was in turn affecting the last update & last 24 hour numbers). It should look better after the next update.

I've been intending to drop the zeros from the overtake columns, I just hadn't gotten to it yet. Thanks for the reminder.

The overtake dates are currently based on the last 24 hours production. However, that'll soon be adjustable from the 'Control Panel', so that you can use any of the production values (last update, last 24, or 72 hr average).

Paratima
05-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Once again, I'm forced by circumstances beyond my control...

I hereby take back half the bad things I've said about you! ;)

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 01:46 PM
LOL, you'd better. I've got more cool stats stuff in store for Free-DC if you don't irritate me too much. ;) :D

Paratima
05-26-2002, 01:52 PM
Hee hee hee hee! I only do it for your self-improvement. :jester: