PDA

View Full Version : DONATE: Your Retired PC and Parts !!!

Twiztid Truckie
02-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks to many members here I no longer need to ask for donations for FaD systems.

I want to thank:

Bok
Ski
Captain Moose
RSBriggs
and more.... (if I missed your name just pm me and Ill add ya. I have bad memory).

Thank you all for your help and generosity. It is highly appreciated.

If anyone needs or wants to donate justPM me and we can set it up. I am always welcoming parts and computers.

Brian

Bok
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
I've got a load of older stuff, it's just a case of going through it :p . Some might not work either, but most of it should...

I'll see if I can't get a list together of the main pieces in the next few days for you.

Bok

Twiztid Truckie
02-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Bok. Until I can get a larger pile of parts going, anything is welcome. Weather it tested or not, itll be ok. Ill use just about anything for now until i get a few more pieced togethor.

I appreciate it sir!

Twiztid Truckie
02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Bump...still and always looking for more parts or older systems!

Ski
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
TT - YGPM - if I did it right :)

Twiztid Truckie
03-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Quick Bump, and Thanks to Ski! Any help is accepted!

Ski
03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
TT - Got a small box headed out tomorrow, I hope - if I decide to get up before the Post Office closes, been a ruff week, otherwise it'll go out Monday. I'll keep ya posted on whats available here in Hurricaine Alley.... Florida!! :):);)

IronBits
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
TT, you're new around here and probably are not aware that Free-DC has places called Hydras
Hydra-East
Hydra-West
Hydra-Central
Or something like that.

These folks take all our spare parts/pieces to be used for our Team.

Magnav0x runs the Central/South one and is located down in Texas someplace.
:blush: I can't remember the others off hand, maybe they'll remind me :bang:

These guys volunteer their time and money to pay for the electricity to run these pharms for us :notworthy

They almost never post for parts pieces, as it's just generally known about, or used to be with most of the old pharts around here. ;)

If you have anything you'd like to send them, I'm sure they would accept them...

If those folks running our Hydras would speak up and let us know if they are still willing, and still available, I would appreciate a quick post on what they need.

I have a garage full of parts pieces I have promised to dp and magnav0x, just haven't gotten off my lazy butt to pack them up and ship them out.
I have at least 5 systems and plenty parts pieces to send the two of them.
I was hoping magnav0x would get tired of waiting for the parts and drive up here in a pick-up truck so I could just give him everything to take back with him, cases and all. :rolleyes: :)
If you look at the stats for our Team, you will see the 'Hydra' name which indicates the systems they have built and run for Free-DC :thumbs:

Kudos to all Hydra systems :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Twiztid Truckie
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks ironBits for the input. But, I would be doing this for our team under my name. Same idea, but it boosts my output since i would maintain and run these systems. I have space for approximately 30+ machines. So almost anything including parts, would be welcome.

CaptainMooseInc
03-06-2005, 10:37 PM
If I were to donate parts, I'd want it to be part of a Hydra to go to the WHOLE team as a collective instead of one person hoarding the points. Not to flame ya, but I know I've posted asking for parts before, but my offer included running a new Hydra Midwest. I was informed magnav0x had everything under control and all signs should point to him if parts need to be donated.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Twiztid Truckie
03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I understand you completely CM. Thought that wont stop me from asking for donations. It should depend on what the member who donates wants to do. They still have the option of donating to the hydra i believe, so I am just letting them have another option.

Brian

Scoofy12
03-10-2005, 03:45 PM
one other point to watch out for... if you have space for 30+ PCs, but not much money, be careful of the power bill! folks around here can tell you that becomes the main overhead of running lots of systems (especially in the summer ) :)

Twiztid Truckie
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, I must be a lucky one. My power bill is included with our rental agreement here. They pay our sewer/water/electric/cable, and all we cover is phone/internet/heatingoil :)

Works great for this situation!

Brian :)

Twiztid Truckie
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh, almost forgot! I want to thank SKI for the donation of cables and pc100. They will be put to good use, and will be used to upgrade 2 HP Vectra VEi8 Desktops with more memory, and also the cables will allow me to add another system to the network. so I may be adding another 400MHZ to FaD. THANKS SKI!!!

Brian

Ski
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
:)

Anytime........

Twiztid Truckie
03-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Another Notice: I am in desperate need of small hdds. Must be IDe/working/and above 5GB please. I need definatly 2 drives, and maybe a 3rd one if I can find a cpu for another rig.

Thanks In advance!

Brian

Twiztid Truckie
04-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Thread Updated:

Current needs if anyone has any of these items available.

~PC133 SDRAM Modules (128MB and up)

~PCI Sound Card compatable with XP Pro

~Socket 370/A CPU Heatsinks w/Fan for 500MHZ to 1.0GHZ CPUs

~CD-Rom Drives (IDE/24x and above)

~ XP Pro CD ONLY (Mine is toasted. Got stuck in a cd-rom and is now unrepairable)

Thanks for any help!

Brian

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2005, 11:53 PM
There's a really cheap 5.1 surround sound card I can get my hands on that's made by AOpen. It's the AOpen Cobra 850 I think and it's only $20.

-Jeff

Twiztid Truckie
04-03-2005, 12:02 AM
JEFF, YG 2 PMs.

Twiztid Truckie
04-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Still looking for parts. Almost anything is welcome ofcourse :) Thanks again guys! And especially to Bok, ski, and Captain Moose for their help!

Brian:)