PDA

View Full Version : Another bug found?

Electrolyte
03-01-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure if this is on the servers side or the clients side but I'll say any way:

When ever my clients are trying to upload a work unit on the newest client, and it fails, the server reports that it's uploaded and adds a WU onto my score, even though the WU didn't upload succesfully.

Server side or client side? :(

Electrolyte
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Now I'm not sure if it is a bug, or it's the fact my systems have speeded up bad style from the new client.

Any ideas what it could be? :confused:

omer
03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I dont understand the question. Please explain it again.

The update stats script is running every two minutes, so you will have to wait for the update.

I suggest run a client under a new name, and submit a fixed number of results, wait 2-3 minutes and check on the statistics, both results should match!

Electrolyte
03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I have problems with my internet connection at the moment, therefore both of my PC's are having trouble sending off the WU's they finish. When they try to send the WU off, but it fails, the server registers is as a successful upload and adds the WU onto my total score. But, the client reports it failed to upload, and therefore tries again (and the same thing happens over and over until it's actually able to send the WU off).

Hope that's more clear.

omer
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
It may be the case, that before failing at the client end, the server writes the result in the log file, but on the client end, it didnt receive the response from the server due to bad connection, so it retries and get it registered.

Its a rare possibility, but it sure is! I tried to replicate the error, didnt happen at my end, can you please paste the log file, which error do you get at client end, when this happens because normally it retries and the retry is not considered as a submit!

Electrolyte
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I uploaded the log file instead since it's rather big.

All the error messages are in the file.

omer
03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
wow thats a pretty bad internet connection i must say, and are you sure that the number of workunits successfully completed were less than the increase in your points (and you are not running any other client with this username)

as suggested before, can you try running this client with a new name, and submit just one workunit successfully, (with hopefully many retires), and tell me the username which you used, that way i can check in the log file of server and track down the problem!

alok vaid
03-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I will help you out Omer to track it. And currently, the updating script runs every 10 mins. So, you may not be able to see the update in statistics before 10 mins. This we have done to reduce communication errors, as the script takes up quite a bit CPU %.

Electrolyte
03-02-2005, 02:45 AM
It's now trying to send off the work unit, but hasn't been able to but the stats say I have uploaded about 5 :confused:

The username is Electrolyte.

EDIT: It was finnaly able to upload the work unit.

Electrolyte
03-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Anything been found then? :(