PDA

View Full Version : update on whats happening at our end

omer
03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I guess its high time that I inform everybody of the happenings.

First of all I am sorry for not replying to anyone, I will do that once we fix the server.

Secondly, the server running right now should be working okay, we had an unexplainable crash last time, when the server wasnt listening to any clients whatsoever.

Thirdly, we have found a few bugs (which must have been contributing to the connection timeouts) in the server code and are still working on it, everything should be finalized by today or tomorrow and hopefully we will not have connection errors once the server has been updated.

Omer

em99010pepe
03-05-2005, 02:18 PM
omer,

Thanks for the update.
I'm running the client and I made that test, refresh the internet page when it sends results, and so far I didn't have any connection problem. Good job.

:cheers:

Carlos

Mustard
03-06-2005, 11:37 AM
The server was hosed up again this morning a little while ago, so I guess the problems still are there..............

omer
03-06-2005, 11:48 AM
its working ok with me, once in a while (every half an hr), the server deposits a new atom, that is when we all have to wait for a minute or so, besides that it is running smoothly.

Whatever the case, we will have a new server and (maybe) new client by the end of today and hopefully we will not have any problems then.

omer
03-06-2005, 12:04 PM
the server running right now is no different from the server which has been running before, so i suppose, after a certain load, it will freeze up, we want that to happen, so that we can analyze it...

we are ready this time :fight:

Mustard
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Well that's good, cause it's doing it again....................... :)

omer
03-06-2005, 07:40 PM
the depositing of a atom is normal, the main thing we want to find out is when this doesnt end, like the last time the server wasnt taking any client requests..

Mustard
03-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Whatever................ all I know is I have 20 systems here with their text screens full of sleeping 60 seconds. How long it has been is hard to tell, but there's 5 of the 60 second messages, and then it takes time for the systems to build up to 60 second messages.

Meanwhile I can hook up to the TSC project no problem so it isn't a networking issue here. :confused:

It is 17:36 pacific coast time here now.

omer
03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
well the server crashed because of a seg fault, so maybe u were looking at that time, i checked my client now, it is working ok...

anyone else is having the same problem?

Mustard
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm running fine now.