PDA

View Full Version : Running DHEP on more than one computer

DPC-CowArt
03-09-2005, 05:57 AM
At the moment I am testing the DHEP-client. Thanks to the FAQ and this board (especially the replacing 139.184.166.27 with dhep.dbestern.com part) I've got everything up and running :)

What should I do if I install DHEP on another PC? Can I use the same username, or should they be different? I think I've read somewhere that every island needs its individual island-name, but I can't find that info anymore.

Oh, and one more question: is there a .txt file of the stats available somewhere for download? The stats on the website are nice, but The Cows have this silly habit of creating subteams...

em99010pepe
03-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by DPC-CowArt

What should I do if I install DHEP on another PC? Can I use the same username, or should they be different? I think I've read somewhere that every island needs its individual island-name, but I can't find that info anymore.

You can use the same username in all machines.

Cheers,

Carlos

DPC-CowArt
03-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks! :cheers:

AySz88
03-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Sorry about the hijack... Right now, if I restart the program, a new island gets assigned to me... Any way to change that so I can stay on the same island?

ace_dent
03-09-2005, 11:22 AM
@ AySz88 (and more off-topic...)

This is just the behaviour of DHEP. I once thought it was a mistake: if I've got a highly evolved island, why should I have to go back to zero? However, I believe it actually assists evolution (probably by Miguel's design). If your machine has reached an evolutionary dead-end, it may just crunch away and not get any where. So reseting the island when you reboot the machine helps explore more of the design space, and avoids dead-ends (IMHO).

Andrew