PDA

View Full Version : I love these TKC changes!

CaptainMooseInc
03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey! I just noticed we can upload our data ANYTIME now! I assume this has been requested because of other projects like Project Dolphin that let you upload every single keystroke if you want. :-p

Huzzuah! Now I can upload every 2000 keystrokes or get that last batch of 100 keystrokes in before the next update of MK's website!

I'm sad though because MK's stats were AWOL and missed my 130,000 keystroke dump so it looks like wirthi is outproducing me. :(

-Jeff

IronBits
03-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Are there any rules about leaving notepad open and letting 20 cats walk around on the keyboard? :rotfl:

CaptainMooseInc
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
You don't have to have notepad open. :)

As long as keys are being typed into the computer the program will register them.

I just discovered yesterday that when I control the volume from my keyboard it counts as keystrokes. All I do is turn a dial round and round and it adds keystrokes. Of course I don't abuse it, but I think it's cool that when I wanna hear something better I get some points for it from TKC.

Gotta love the Logitech Wireless MX Duo.

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
03-10-2005, 07:21 PM
oh yeah, I also have a scroll wheel on the left side of my keyboard so I can scroll up and down the pages and click w/ the mouse. I have TWO options on how to obtain scrolls now. :cheers:

the-mk
03-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
I'm sad though because MK's stats were AWOL and missed my 130,000 keystroke dump so it looks like wirthi is outproducing me. :(

That was because official TKC-stats website has changed just a little bit and I had to rewrite my spider. So I resetted my stats to begin from scratch once again to have fine data in DB

:cheers:

wirthi
03-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Well, if only THE-MKs stats overlooked your big dump but you did make it and it is in the official stats, then perhaps it looks like I'm outproducing you due to the-mks stats, but both of us know I don't :)

I thought it has always been able to upload any number of keys to the server? Just right-click the tray icon and select "submit"?

the-mk
03-11-2005, 02:19 PM
No, there was some code which prevented you in uploading keycounts more often than once within a short period of time.

For example: when I start my both home computers at about same time and log on, one computer submitted, the other wasn't able to, because of the dump short time ago.

I don't know how TKC behaves now, because I didn't start my computers same time for a longer time...

Reason for not seeing who's outproducing another: I resetted stats yesterday morning (GMT+1) because of dataspider rewriting (as mentioned above). And the dump might be before my stats reset :rolleyes:

CaptainMooseInc
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Nope nope nope....

It used to be that if you tried to submit more than once in a half an hour period that the server would return a message that said "Please wait awhile before submitting."

Now I can upload 2 seconds after I uploaded the last 1 billion keystrokes. :)

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
03-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey! I thought we were only supposed to have one computer counting our keys per username!

Bwahahah! You're running TWO systems and I still am pounding you. :)

-Jeff

I am going out of town this weekend, so you won't see any key production from me until at least Monday most likely.

It's SPRING BREAK so when I get back on Monday my goal is to produce 200,000 keystrokes in 1 week.

the-mk
03-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Now I can upload 2 seconds after I uploaded the last 1 billion keystrokes. :)
Yes, even if you upload 2 keystrokes from one computer and then 5000 from your other computer.

It used to be that if you tried to submit more than once in a half an hour period that the server would return a message that said "Please wait awhile before submitting."
Something like that. I didn't know the message exactly, because I haven't seen it for a long time :D

Hey! I thought we were only supposed to have one computer counting our keys per username!
Yes I'm running two systems. But the only one who uses those two computers is me and only me and no one other. So all keystrokes come from one user: the-mk! But the number of keystrokes on the other machine is so tiny small and little that it doesn't matter. It would be a difference, if you use two computers with the same TKC username and you use one, the other one uses somebody else.

BTW captain: have some fun out there! See you on monday with "some" keystrokes :D

CaptainMooseInc
03-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Over 43,000 keys in 1 day (141,000+ in the last week)...

I think I'm on track to some nice numbers.

-Jeff