PDA

View Full Version : Free-DC being roadkilled!

Thor
03-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Just in case you guys didn't notice:

With Lexx leaving the Team (for whatever reason) we are now behind US-D and soon will be behind UT Austin! Also the knights who say ni have a higher output...

So wake up!:swear:

Right now i try to talk my friend schluppy into borging some machines, but he is just too busy:cry:

SO, let's get going!

Thor:cool:

black_civic55
03-12-2005, 10:52 AM
yea actually every team is on pace to pass us...

willy1
03-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I'd love to throw my not-inconsiderable farm on this to help, but EON uses ports that we will not open through our firewall.

If someone leans on the project folks to use simple standard ports for uploading and downloading....

Thor
03-13-2005, 05:52 AM
@willy 1

Which one should they use? like port 80?
I'm sorry I'm not that familiar with what is running on which port, but maybe we can talk them into switching ports or use additional ports ?!?

The admins of the project seem to be helpful...

I guess there could be more people with the same problem...

Greets Thor

Thor
03-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Well, I sent an email to Omar from the EOS team with the idea of using other ports.

Basicaly he says that he is not too shure about using more "common" ports , because there are already other things using them (wasn't distributed folding using port 80 for client communication?).

He asks for our suggestions on which new set of ports could be used.

Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could head over to the offical eon forum and make some suggestions...

In my opinion it should be possible for the client to share a port with oter applications e.g. port 80 (which is the http protocol if I remember right).

Or am I wrong?

Thor :cool:

sir spuddly buddly
03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Are all these port questions just a sneaky move to take over the project? If you and the project leaders want to do all the work just say so, and I'll go do something else. Is n't nice that there's a bit of movement on the stats board? Or is Free DC just trying to get past KWSN on the daily totals board? :)

black_civic55
03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
a lot of people gave up on this projct untill all the little tweaks are worked out

this is also one of the projects that makes my computer randomly shut off......

Thor
03-19-2005, 04:52 AM
@ black_civic55

I noticed that your production slowed down quite a bit...

Maybe your are willing to post the specs of your system?
Because EON has been rock stable on my computer...

I would check for heat related problems...

Thor

alpha
03-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Thor, sssshhh!

black_civic was matching my output a couple of weeks ago, I've only just developed a sizable lead! ;)

alpha
03-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Think I'm going to move everything back to OGR when I reach 10,000. It's been fun running eOn recently, but it is time for change.

em99010pepe
03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by alpha
Think I'm going to move everything back to OGR when I reach 10,000. It's been fun running eOn recently, but it is time for change.

I agree with you.

(My position is safe;))

Carlos

black_civic55
03-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Thor
@ black_civic55

I noticed that your production slowed down quite a bit...

Maybe your are willing to post the specs of your system?
Because EON has been rock stable on my computer...

I would check for heat related problems...

Thor

I slowed down because i stoped doing it... haha simple as that i guess.

I enojyed it, especially finally being ranked sumwhat high in a project. I think it may be a heat related problem but im curious as to why it only happens with EON and i think D2OL (not positive). It gets somewhat annoying at times so i just strayed away for a bit but I'm sure I'll be back.

I'll most likely come back when alpha leaves :moon:

em99010pepe
03-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by black_civic55

I'll most likely come back when alpha leaves :moon:

Hey, what about United Devices? Right now I have 4 machines running it.

Carlos

black_civic55
03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
O im doing UD, don't worry bout that. I'll fnd sum sneaky way to catch him!!:crazy: