PDA

View Full Version : "Monica"

NiceMedTexMD
03-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I've been working on this "Monica" circuit now for a day or so I believe.. any idea how long it takes to complete? How about the others I read about?

Mike..:haddock:

rshepard
03-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually, Monica isn't the name of the circuit--The circuit we are currently working on is designated RD53(30 Gates). As for how long it takes to complete; that depends on a couple of things: the complexity of the circuit, and the number of clients working towards a solution.
Each island is sending back its current best solution to the server; the best of which get passed back to the other islands to work on-- in this way, we eventually converge on a complete design of the circuit. ( I'm sure this is horribly over-simplified, but I think that is the basics of the process.) The process can take days, or even weeks, before we get the circuit to solve. We recently relocated the main server, and I think a number of people haven't caught up to the new location- so we are a little "short-handed" right now as far as working islands go.

If you check here (http://dhep.dbestern.com/statsGoal.php) you can see how the circuit is progressing. When the values for Task Fitness, Loose Self Checking, and Stringent Self Checking reach 1.0, then the circuit is performing as desired. After that, the value of Parsimony will be evolved to as high a value as possible (somewhere between 0 and 1).
Once we have the desired performance and the best Parsimony we can get, the circuit design will be complete and a new one started.

vaughan
04-30-2005, 03:11 AM
My Athlon xp3200+ is running P82TSC2's monica as well as RD53TSCL's monica.
Is this normal?