PDA

View Full Version : curious?

Anarchy99
03-15-2005, 06:33 PM
If you push a kid down in the nerf aisle at toys r us and no one hears them cry is it still wrong? :evil:

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-15-2005, 07:32 PM
No.... :rotfl: if they is being a general PITA (That's Pain in the Ass for you slow folks)

Scoofy12
03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
if you did that in MY toys r us i would run you mercilessly down with my RaZor scooter and pummel you with bike parts until you cried out with remorse for your sins.....:viking:

but i dont work there anymore so i guess its not my toys r us... very well then, shove away:corn:

Anarchy99
03-16-2005, 12:47 AM
If you smack a kid and he doesnt cry should you smack them again so they know it was punishment or should you compliment them on taking it so well?

is it wrong to tell a child that drinking cleaning products is only wrong if you live more than a mile from the hospital?

:eek:

Fozzie
03-16-2005, 03:03 AM
:scared:

Chinasaur
03-16-2005, 03:32 AM
I don't know where you were going with this thread.

The first line was not funny. The next two were definately not.

These types of posts were never funny. And in an era of increased awareness of child abuse, and the horrific things that are done to children...this becomes even less amusing.

It isn't funny.

CaptainMooseInc
03-16-2005, 04:13 AM
....... :confused:

................:shocked:

..........................................:machgun:

Fozzie
03-16-2005, 07:56 AM
so I imagine it is meant in a light hearted manner.

There are too many areas where we have to be serious, surely one can be left free of political correctness and social censorship.

Anarchy99
03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
at no time in my life nor at any time in my future would I harm a child in anyway whether it be in anger or for personal amusement. my signature should have been a major clue to the sarcastic nature to which it was written.

I have been gone for a long time and was being facetious.

and as fozzie knows from our fun in the past I mean no harm.

in a time when the world seems caught up in the PC of all things humor in any form should not be held to this fragile standard of don't offend.

but in fairness I will concede to the fact that one or more of all who read this was troubled either by not knowing its meaning or not knowing me.

I will not tread here again, sorry for the inconvenience.

hey fozzie I know it wasnt eddie murphy funny but it was definitely theo huckstable funny huh :D

A99

Fozzie
03-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm not form your side of the pond, I had to look up Theo Huckstable and seeing as I am not aware of his work I couldn't attest to how funny he is/was.

I'd go for Dangerous Brothers funny.

CaptainMooseInc
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
You know not of Theo Huckstable!?!

a.k.a.

BILL COSBY?!?!?!

How do you not know if BILL COSBY IS FUNNY!?!

http://www.zanyi.ch/Carica/bill-cosby.jpg

"AND THE JELL-O PUH-DDIN AND THE OHHH OHHH!!!!"

-Jeff

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
:Pokes: :Pokes: :Pokes: :rotfl: :moon:

<my 2-cents>
Hmm
*tap* *tap* *tap* welcome to Political Correctness Online (The New Name for AOL) - rebranding to PCOL
I'm sorry you can't access that website its contains images that are demeed politically incorrect www.the-sun.co.uk
*Click* goto www.the-bible.com I'm sorry sir that is not a politically correct website either taking you to the new improved and Politically correct version now..
Re-direct to: www.the-pc-bible.com
what is this bolderdash... this is ****ing crap -
*calls PCOL tech support - what the f***ing hell kinda service do you call this .... <CLICK> hello <dial tone> <redial> did you just bloody hang up on me a second ago
yes sir, what you said was not very PC so we at PCOL pride ourselves on being PC at all times and we cannot have you talk to our personnel in a non-pc way..
Listen you little indian sh*t, I don't give a monkey's toss give me back the bloody access to the sites I wanna visit even if they are not "pc"........
I'm sorry sir we are going to have to terminate this call and also terminate your nice 3mb broadband service because you are not politically correct have a nice day and no don't expect a refund as your service was terminated under section 6 para 2 section 2: We reserve the right to cut you of if your non-pc...
Oh and we'll black list you on all nice broadband ISP's so you'll be stuck with a 56K modem dial-up at best sir, have a good day. <CLICK>
^^^ what would happen if an ISP went all PC ^^^

"Kev,it's all gone a bit pete tong" - Kevin and Perry Go Large (the movie)
Political Correctness has it's place but it's all too much when your kid(s) get suspended for do what you did in school, playing football on the nice concrete playground - it only hurt for a while, or throwing snowballs at each other.. etc. etc..
</ end my 2-cents>

CaptainMooseInc
03-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I made Jackass tapes in High School. They are much better than the real Jackass and I never got suspended or even told to stop by any Vice Principals or anything.

Maybe it's because I walked up to my principal the end of my freshman year with a toy stuffed skunk and asked him "Would you like to pet my kitty?" and wouldn't leave him alone until he did...

Or could it be the painter's shorts, fur pimp coat, dress socks, and tennis shoes I wore to school....

I dunno...so much to pick from...but I never got suspended...

Hell, I yelled at my Spanish teacher for 35 minutes after she kicked me out of her class (I took up class time) and called her every foul word under the sun (and a few new combinations too!)...

I walked into the Dean of Student's office and his first question was "What did you do this time?". I was removed from the class 2 days before the final and given a WF (Withdrawl with Failure). Oh yeah, and the teacher got yelled at more than I did because she was being a horrible teacher and I got 3/4 of my class to come in and support me...

I don't know what schools you guys are going to...but I could go to school in a speedo and some nipple clamps and get cheers from the "administrators"

-Jeff

tim
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Well, I thought A99's three questions were funny. The best humor has at least an element of truth to it. I, for one, get occasionally frustrated with my children, with their sophomoric attitudes and self-centeredness. I know their brains aren't fully developed yet, and they don't appreciate all the good life can be, outside of their peers and whoever's popular at school and on tv.

I'm supposed to be the adult and not strangle them. I won't [strangle them]. But it's fun to joke with the wife about telling the kids we're moving to an empty lot, living in a tent, they can walk to school, I'll ride a bike to work. No music other than that we make ourselves. No tv, computers, etc. Or we joke about how they'd react if we treated the kids the way they treat us and each other. We sigh, knowing that they are maturing, their behavior is improving, and someday they'll be (I hope) normal adults.

It's hard not to smack them, sometimes. Like the other day I came into the kitchen to resolve a conflict and found my 5 foot 7 inch 130 pound daughter standing over and yelling at my 4 foot 2 inch 75 pound son, who she'd knocked down to the floor. People lament war and "man's inhumanity to man." I'm sometimes shocked at children's inhumanity to each other. Like Bill Cosby's father used to tell him when young Bill would misbehave: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

That was recorded in the '70's, I believe, before the PC Police. And the adults in the audience laughed and nodded knowingly, for they (and I) have felt the same way too.

Helix_Von_Smelix
03-17-2005, 02:10 AM
used to tell my 9 year old daughter that there was a chip in her head where "she" was stored, and that we would switch her off at night to switch her body so she could grow.

She ofcourse didn't like the idea until i pointed out that for a small fee i could get an upgrade so she would know math when she woke up in the morning.

boy, she was interested then, and wrote out a list of other upgrades required..

:D

Moogie
03-18-2005, 12:04 PM
LOL Tim and Helix! :D

You two have pretty much covered the entire topic. No matter how much we love our kids, there are times when they can exasperate the heck out of you.

Bill Cosby did some awesome stuff on that. :cheers: