PDA

View Full Version : FS or FT: CPUs/MoBos

Twiztid Truckie
03-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Gone. Will have more in a few weeks. Working a deal with the local highschool tech officer to remove about 20-25 PII systems and various networking components. Trying to convince him to let me have em CHEAP to run a home FaD network, Now that they have updated to newer systems. Keep in touch guys. I certainly hope he give me the ok, cause whatever is left wil probably end up here for CHEAP or FREE + Shipping ofcourse

Brian

CaptainMooseInc
03-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Please don't tell me that the stuff you got from Bok you're selling now?....

That'd be cheap and I'd hate you.

-Jeff

Leviathann
03-29-2005, 08:39 AM
What specific kind of HDDs, MoBos, CPUs, PSUs, cd-roms, are you looking for?

I have a ASUS P4SD-LA mobo.

2x256 PC2700.

I have a couple 2 gig hard drives.

I have a pentium 200 (I think early ATX) mobo.

I have a couple pentium 200's.

I have a slot 1 mobo.

I also have 2 145w psu's.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v478/Leviathann/eBay/

Bok
03-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
Please don't tell me that the stuff you got from Bok you're selling now?....

That'd be cheap and I'd hate you.

-Jeff

No, it's none of the stuff I sent.

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Captain, Relax. If youd read the post, I am moving these parts out to run the dualies BoK sent me. The money or trades are gonna be used to fix them dualies up.

Its all good CM:)

Brian

CaptainMooseInc
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Okay good. I was really tired when I read it and was ready to eat you alive.

Now that I've slept and have reread the post I know where I misread. :)

-Jeff

Leviathann
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
From what I knew of him from XPC, I don't think TT would do something like that.

At least I don't think...:p

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
:help: Anyone gonna buy or trade for these things now? :help:

I need to find some hdds and other items within the specs I need to get some dualies up and going. If you want to make some offers, feel free to do so through a PM.

To get dualies going I will need:

2x AGP Video Cards. (compatable with the BP6)
2x Sound Cards. (compatable with the BP6)
2x HDDs above 5GB and IDE.

Thanks,

Brian

Bok
03-29-2005, 02:08 PM
HDD's are always a PIA to get hold of. I bought a load of small refurbished ones a few years ago from geekcomputers.com or something like that, but most of them have crapped out now. I end up just buying an 80Gb one if I intend to use a HDD on a cruncher.

No need to have soundcards, not needed :)

As for vid cards try these

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-140-032&depa=0

cheap and should easily suffice for a cruncher.

Bok

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks BoK. I have one of the cards on its way from newegg, as well as 2 cheap cases they are advertising on the deals page. 19$ + .99 shipping for a butt ugly but useful case with PSU is ok by me. Anyway, I am still gonna run with smaller drives, as I cant afford to dish out more $$$ for big drives (wife will kill me). As for the sound cards, I guess I wouldnt really need em, but they come in handy if I make one of them BP6's into my music server. have almost 80+GB of music to store somewhere :)

Edit: Bok, is there special drivers for that video card for XP? Cant seem to run the BP6 and that card with XP.

Brian

rsbriggs
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Good lead - I grabbed a couple of them. Can't beat the price on them for building a cruncher.

Bok
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Twiztid Truckie
Thanks BoK. I have one of the cards on its way from newegg, as well as 2 cheap cases they are advertising on the deals page. 19$ + .99 shipping for a butt ugly but useful case with PSU is ok by me. Anyway, I am still gonna run with smaller drives, as I cant afford to dish out more $$$ for big drives (wife will kill me). As for the sound cards, I guess I wouldnt really need em, but they come in handy if I make one of them BP6's into my music server. have almost 80+GB of music to store somewhere :)

Edit: Bok, is there special drivers for that video card for XP? Cant seem to run the BP6 and that card with XP.

Brian

You asking me about windows drivers.... :p

I run most of my linux boxes without a vidcard in at all :)

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
LOL BoK. I used to run all linux, but decided to run windows from now on. Just much less time consuming, and easier for me to network and navigate. At one point, before we had our "issues with rent and bills" here, I had about 8 headless boxes, with one main system. I even had 4 xp boxes running in my shed outside during winter to keep em cool and happy. maybe when i get that card here, It will have a drivers cd which i can use for the card you sent me. they are exactly the same minus the s-vid from what i see.

Brian

Fozzie
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
http://www.joytech.com/SavageIX298_XP.zip

TBH I'd rather shag a hedgehog than buy another savage card, go for a slightly more pricey Radeon 7000 and you can't go wrong.

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 02:45 PM
I dnt need anything fancy fozzie, but ill keep that in mind. ive used savage cards for 90% of my herd builds over the last 2 years and havent had issues until now. Thaks for the heads up though.

Brian

CaptainMooseInc
03-29-2005, 04:19 PM
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=154606

Check that out. I think that hard drive may work for you, though it's only a 4GB HDD ATA/33.

Pricegrabber sometimes does better than pricewatch. Search around on that site.

I did a bit of digging in Pricewatch and found a White Box 20GB HDD for 28.99.

I have an old hard drive that's just sitting around and doing nothing. I think it's a 4.8GB Seagate Hard Drive. I know it's not very big. It is kinda loud and I think it may die soon but it hasn't had a good format in so long. If you are interested I'll get the exact specifics on it and PM you with them. If you pay shipping it's yours. At least you'd only be out a few bucks then and might find a drive that works well for you, otherwise just trash it.

-Jeff

Leviathann
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
I have 2 identical 2 gig drives that you could put in RAID, I guess.

Twiztid Truckie
03-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Lev, I know you have them 2GB hdds. as for getting them to do a raid config, I prefer not to. I want these thigs to be simple, and efficient. Thanks for the offer, but Im gonna Pass.

CMI, Thanks for the offer of the noisy HDD, but I need more reliable components (no offense). I prefer to use items I know will survive for the long run (as these systems run 24/7) until they die, or become sluggish. Thanks though. If I become desperate enough to risk it, ill look ya up.

Brian

Leviathann
03-29-2005, 07:00 PM
spam

IronBits
03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Take that to PM please...

Leviathann
03-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Grrrr

Twiztid Truckie
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Celeron 850 and Compaq mobo traded to Jeff.

Brian:)

CaptainMooseInc
04-08-2005, 09:32 PM
check ur PMz Twiztid.

-jeff

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2005, 04:32 AM
YGPM again TT. :)

-Jeff

Twiztid Truckie
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
UPDATED!!! 4-16-05

Captain Moose and Bok. Your packages went out yesterday USPS Priority Mail. Look for them from USPS Mail either monday or tuesday!

Brian:)