PDA

View Full Version : Dear Moogie

IronBits
05-25-2002, 02:14 PM
My cat refuses to sleep with me at night any more.
What can I do?

Moogie
05-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Dear Catless Sleeper,

This has become a common problem among the cat owners in today's society. The reasons are baffling to the researchers. I spoke with Dr. Lion of the Cat Research Institue (well known Feline Psychologist) in Podunk, Idaho. He suggested to try using warm milk, with a little bit of catnip mixed in. This will help in relaxing your cat and making him feel more agreeable to human touch.

He also recommended trying to bond in different ways with your cat. For instance, it's a well known fact that cats often clean themselves with their tongues, often causing hairballs. He suggests trying the method on your cat. He feels that if you clean your cat with your tongue, thereby producing a hairball, it will bring you closer to your cat and create a bond previously not there. This will help the cat feel close to you and he very well may clean you as well.

This will not only just bring you closer, it will save on your water usage as well.

Hope this helps and keep us posted. Many readers are having the same problem.

Miss Moogie

Supp
05-25-2002, 08:45 PM
It's exactly as you say, Ms. Moogie, I have the same problem.

My cat became quite restless in last few weeks and reason eludes me, she's behaving like naugty child :bang: ....any advice?

Alpha_7
05-25-2002, 09:22 PM
I think its lucky I dont have a cat, because my finace is alergic to pet hair, and well I dont like hairballs on my tongue.
:D

Moogie
05-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Supp
It's exactly as you say, Ms. Moogie, I have the same problem.

My cat became quite restless in last few weeks and reason eludes me, she's behaving like naugty child :bang: ....any advice?

Dear Sup,

First off, it is unclear to me whether or not you have had your cat altered.

Cats are somewhat like children. They go through phases in life that at times makes us wonder why we have them. They sure are cute when they are asleep aren't they.

I suggest you have a heart to heart with her. Does she have a favorite toy? Perhaps if you got down on her level and spoke with her while playing with the toy it might help. I think perhaps if you told her what about her behavior was really bothering you it might clear the air. If she's been altered, the hormones may be running amuck..it may be that she needs a bit of estrogen to calm her down. A good soak in the tub might do wonders as welll as a pedicure.

Please let me know how things turn out. The most important thing for you to remember is that you must let her know that, no matter what, this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Time outs are in order.

I'll be routing for you.

Miss Moogie

Moogie
05-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Alpha_7
I think its lucky I dont have a cat, because my finace is alergic to pet hair, and well I dont like hairballs on my tongue.
:D

Dear Alpha_7,

It is quite lucky that you don't have a cat. Having a cat and having a fiancee that is allergic to cats does not bode well for future marriages. Luckily then, you won't have to worry about hairballs. If at some point the allergy dissipates, and you do have a cat, come back to me and we'll talk. I'll let you know how to deal with hairballs.

Sincerely,

Miss Moogie

PS: Have you ever thought about getting a bird?

Alpha_7
05-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Miss Moogie,

Fortunately she likes bird, infact her father breeds them, and has lots of birds, however our apartment isn't suitable for birds. Last Xmas we did consider fish, but gold fish quick turned into Tropical Clown fish. This inturn required a setup cost of around $500 not including the fish which was close to another $100 for a pair.

Needless to say, we do not have any fish at present. A few years time we may be able to afford a good home for a pair of pretty clown fish, but at present we could justify such a large expenditure.

Regards,

Fishless, with Fiancé

is it 1 or 2 "e's" ?

Moogie
05-26-2002, 12:49 AM
Dear Alpha_7,

Oh my. You are certainly in a dilemma.

You could always lower your expectations in the beginning and just settle for some goldfish. Dr. Aquamarine, at the Institue of Aquatic Studies in Whatsit, Nevada states that sometimes it's best to start small. He advises that getting two goldfish, with marbles on the bottom of a small goldfish bowl can bring harmony to a relationship.

Give this a try and please let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Miss Moogie

relic
06-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Miss Moogie,

As I am hungry and poor from buying too many computer parts for DC, I am inquiring as to the nutritional value of a cat.

Kindest Regards,
relic

Moogie
06-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Dear relic,

I'm sorry to say that when I checked with the expert (Dr. Lyon of the Feline Institue), the nutritional value of a cat is next to nil. High in cholesterol and fatty acids, cats have been known to cause severe indigestion and nervous twitches when ingested. There are a few reported cases of hairballs as well.

Once researcher belives that the recent uprising in the cleaning of one's self with tongues in the DC community is because many DC'ers spend their money on computer parts, rather than what one would consider healthy food. It seems that the population of cats has gone down drastically in the DC world.

Have you tried perhaps, paper plates? I hear they go will with ketchup or bbq sauce. Please let me know how things go.

Miss Moogie