PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Clients

willebenn
05-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Are the clients available for download?
I get Page Not Found.
The Intel site only has the GUI, I was after the CLI client for Windows.

Paratima
05-26-2002, 07:24 AM
Click on
Text Client Protein Builder (ftp://ftp.mshri.on.ca/pub/distribfold/download/distribfold-current-win9x.zip).
Should do it for ya. :)

willebenn
05-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Thanks, tried it, that's where I get the Page Not Found!
This all started yesterday when I registered, got my handle etc all just fine. First try at getting the client, I get Apache server error's.
OK I then see that the server(s) are down. So I wait and later see server's are up. Try again and the Apache error's are gone but now it's Page Not Found. I even tried FTP into the server and I get to the DF download folder but it seems to be empty. FTP works ok I can get the readme files.
Maybe the clients are being held until the new stuff is released.

Supp
05-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Try it now, it should be working just fine...at least for me it had.

willebenn
05-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Ok I finally got the client.
Here is the scoop, I went to a second system which has IE-5.0 on it and low and behold it downloaded!!:)
My main system, which was what I had been using, has IE-6.0 with the latest patch. Sure is strange, never had any problem before.

willebenn
05-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Ok, here is the final post on my problem I promise! ;)
It seems to be caused by the latest IE security patch from MicroSoft. I installed IE6.0 on another machine no patch and it downloads fine, so the only difference between download and not is the patch.
Thanks again M$

Shaktai
05-27-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by willebenn
Ok, here is the final post on my problem I promise! ;)
It seems to be caused by the latest IE security patch from MicroSoft. I installed IE6.0 on another machine no patch and it downloads fine, so the only difference between download and not is the patch.
Thanks again M$

It's not a bug.... it's a feature!

:bang:

TheOtherPhil
05-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Shaktai

It's not a bug.... it's a feature!

:bang:

LOL! like using the start button to turn off the machine :rolleyes:

Paratima
05-27-2002, 07:22 PM
What WILL the little Rascals from Redmond think of next, to keep us amused and on our toes... :swear: