PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad Moose...

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Well...it's official...I'm more highly addicted to math DC projects than I ever have been with SETI@HOME or Find-A-Drug...

Last night I tickled my own fancy as I paused block processing on SoB. Why you might ask??? So I could benchmark the LLRNET client for RieselSieve. Over the course of one night of being paused I finished a WU for RieselSieve. Now I have both LLRNET and SoB running today sharing CPU cycles...

I'm looking into running 10 math projects so they'll each fight for about 10% processing power.

I need an antidote....

.........____________
|____|....................\_______
|-----|____________/

Maybe I"ll stop at two...I'm not sure...

I want to sieve so bad for both of these projects but I'm not willing to put forth the effort and reserve ranges and whatnot...

Anyone know how to join the Free-DC team (if there is one???) for RieselSieve???

-Jeff

IronBits
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
You must focus young grasshopper... wax on... wax off... :)

http://stats.rieselsieve.com/teamsieve.php
http://stats.rieselsieve.com/teamllr.php

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2005, 10:35 AM
So...what do I have to add/edit to get my name to join the Free-DC team? Right now I'm doing work and it's going all to me and not counting for the team....

-Jeff

em99010pepe
04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
So...what do I have to add/edit to get my name to join the Free-DC team? Right now I'm doing work and it's going all to me and not counting for the team....

-Jeff

Send a PM to b2 (Lee). He will add you to Free-DC Team or go to this thread (http://rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=339) and write you want to join Free-DC.

Carlos

Pconfig
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM
They are working on an automated registration ;)

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
If you use the new LLRNET 3.5 Installer, it will ask you for your username. If you haven't "registered" it gives you a website to goto first...

I don't remember the website :(. But it did give you the ability to pick which team you would like to be on. It also has you do one of those "type what you see in the image" security deals. Unfortunately whatever program they're using to generate those isn't very smart. I had to load 4 images before it would accept that I put in the right code....

-Jeff

I'll try the SoB thing again.

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm doing a 24 hour "BURN IN" on my dad's new laptop. Actually I'll have it another day or so. But I am extremely happy with the 2.9GHz Celeron D's performance. It's outperforming its 2.8GHz P4 Equivalent by around 150,000cEM/s. And it's a laptop and not a desktop like the P4....

Me so happy cause I got 11% in less than 8hrs of crunching this thing!!!

Now if I could only find a way to permanently borg this machine.......

-Jeff

Bok
04-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Don't forget that you have to finish the test to get permanent credit.....

Bok :D

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
You do??? It'll drop off the stats if you don't finish the test???

-Jeff

rsbriggs
04-16-2005, 07:32 PM
That is correct. After 10 days of no report resulting, all the accumulated points/production for that test are subtracted back out of your score.

It's really best if you can let the test finish...

Bok
04-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
You do??? It'll drop off the stats if you don't finish the test???

-Jeff

If you think about it.. when you don't finish a test, someone else has to do the test and they have to start from the beginning, so they then get the credit.

I think there was discussion way back about trying to resend out these tests to other users at the point to which they were left, but it was a lot of work involved so it was decided to leave as is..

Bok

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2005, 07:54 PM
That's quite annoying because the rate of redundancy is extremely high...

What if I get a test 99% done and my HDD crashes and I can't get a new one until the next paycheck which is 12 days away!!! Then I lose ALL the credit for that test and then when I get my new HDD and finish the test and I'm s... outta luck???

That's a downside...but I can see why they would do it....

-Jeff

rsbriggs
04-16-2005, 08:15 PM
It's can even be worse than that. Say you finished up 50% of the test, wait until after it expired, and started crunching it again sometime in the future. You get NEGATIVE credit for what you crunch...

I found out after switching a bunch of nodes back to SOB after a long hiatus. My scores started going BACKWARDS... I immediately deleted the caches and re-started everything. It worked much better then :)