PDA

View Full Version : Old Laptop For Sale Maybe....

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2005, 03:43 AM
Heya everyone. Fry's electronics opened up here in Indianapolis recently and had a huge grand opening special.

My dad got a 2.9GHz Intel Celeron D Laptop by Toshiba for $799. Comes with a 40GB HD and lots of other great stuff....

But that's not what's for sale.

What MAY be for sale (I haven't convinced him to sell it yet, so I wanna see what people may offer so I can get him to get rid of this thing) is a Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop.

The specs are something like:

AMD-K6 3D Processor?? Around 300-333MHz I think???
28MB RAM (Memory expansion slot on the bottom of laptop to add more RAM if you want)
4GB HDD
CD-ROM Drive
Floppy Drive
PCMCIA Slot
56K Modem
1 USB Port
MS Office 2000

I know this thing is ANCIENT and should actually be donated to the Smithsonian Institute of Prebuilt Craptops but I didn't know if anyone here had a kid that they would like to have a little something to play on so they didn't destroy the big computer. If anyone still uses dial-up it'd be great to stick those annoying "My First Kindergarten" programs on (whatever they are called) and let them sign onto AOHell/Prodigy/whatever via Dial-Up.

I don't expect many offers and I don't expect to even hear anything that may even get my dad to think about junking this POS but if you are interested at all please PM me. I dunno what shipping would cost ($20-$30 maybe???).

I do know that the original battery wouldn't keep a charge so he replaced the battery and it still won't hold a charge so this thing really needs to be plugged in at all times. It eats through a 100% in around 45mins or so.

God...the more I read what I've typed the more sorry that I am that I posted this in the first place....

-Jeff

Taking a deeper look I find that I will also be including a FREE COPY!!!!.....of Adobe Acrobat Reader.....version 3.01......