PDA

View Full Version : Team Overview Comments

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 02:21 PM
OK, I'm adding something new to the forum as you've probably already noticed. For those of you who haven't, it's called the 'Team Overview' and it's a read-only thread containing dynamic graphs that display various things about how we're doing.

Since this thread is read-only, and I'm interested in hearing comments and/or suggestions about what else might go in there, I've also created this thread for you to voice your opinions in.

Feel free to make whatever suggestions you'd like. I've got several things already planned for the overview, but I'm willing to entertain your ideas as well. ;)

Paratima
05-26-2002, 02:28 PM
The -20,000,000 structures we turned in yesterday are REALLY impressive! :p

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 02:30 PM
LOL, that wasn't yesterday, but earlier today. That's the 'By Update' table. ;)

TGC decided to leave us. :(

On the plus side, I notice that Data is back at DF again! Heh, guess he didn't like xjb10t creeping up on him like that. :D

It's good that he's decided to jump back in. We're still loosing the daily production race to BCG, and KWSN is getting us every now and then.

Paratima
05-26-2002, 02:53 PM
TGC decided to leave us. Sorry to see him go; wondering where he went. None of the top 10 are suddenly fatter by 20M. :confused:

Do you think it's better to leave the graph the way it is, or to limit "blips" in the display. I guess you could make a case for it either way, and it'll be off the screen in a day anyhow.

On the plus side, I notice that Data is back at DF again! Yes, and I just had him where I wanted him, too, dang it! :D I guess he got worried.

FoBoT
05-26-2002, 04:52 PM
does DATA know that the protein will be changing soon? i think he was one of the big farmer that was still experiencing problem with the update and wasn't happy about that

if you just switched his boxen to DF and this thursday they don't auto-update, he might get grumpy

Terminator
05-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Cool idea for a "sticky" makes it easy to see what's going on quickly :thumbs:

I've let DATA know about the protein change, just in case he didn't know, although I suspect he knew about it.

Keep crunching !

DATA
05-26-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi ppl

know all about the protein change - but have been fullfilling a promise to my old team mates at TP on the G@H project before i come back to DF full time - have a cpl of systems back on DF at the moment but the cluster will be back on DF at the new client change have no fear :D :D

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 06:29 PM
LOL, well I'm glad to hear that you're up on the protein change, Data. We don't want you to get 'grumpy'. :D :D

I have to admit I'm a little leery of the changeover myself. Every time we've done this, it's sucked for me. Oh well...we'll see how it goes...

DATA
05-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
LOL, well I'm glad to hear that you're up on the protein change, Data. We don't want you to get 'grumpy'. :D :D

I have to admit I'm a little leery of the changeover myself. Every time we've done this, it's sucked for me. Oh well...we'll see how it goes...

Hi Dyyryath

I fully intend to do a manual download and set up of all sytsem as i do not have the bandwidth for 60 cpus trying to access DF at the same time - still stuck with ISDN 64K connection - but hopefully thing are going to change later on this year if I cant get ADSL then i am considering a 512K Satellite connection - will have to wait and see

BTW like your new stats advisory service :cool:

Paratima
05-26-2002, 07:01 PM
...as i do not have the bandwidth for 60 cpus... Be still, my heart. :D :p

Dyyryath
05-26-2002, 07:02 PM
LOL!

pointwood
05-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Just did a little reseach in regards to TGC - it looks like he changed name to "Not Me" and joined "Overclockers Collective".

Wierd - I was under the impression that they where slowing down and jumping to the newer "Overclockers Network" team :confused:

Do I remember correctly or has he actually been crunching for us (Ars) before he joined you guys?

Paratima
05-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi, pointwood. You're right about TGC. I discovered his whereabouts after my post yesterday. As to the ARS question, it's unknown to me. Maybe some other former Arsian here...

(Arsan?)

(Arser?)

:confused:

Dyyryath
05-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Ah well, that's the wonderful thing about Free-DC. Everyone's FREE to come and go as they'd like. ;)

I hope things work out for him at his new team, and if not, he'll always be welcome here at Free-DC.

I think he's pretty busy working with GIMPS at the moment, anyway. :)

whilden@ars
05-27-2002, 02:10 PM
PW -

3dhq, Ars-TSF, Ninja Micros, Free-Dc, overclockers

for those keeping score :swear:

I won't be following his progress anymore, maybe dyy can setup a tracking page :rolleyes: :D :D

Supp
05-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
Ah well, that's the wonderful thing about Free-DC. Everyone's FREE to come and go as they'd like. ;)

-- but it's much better when they stay with us, don't you think? :rotfl:

Dyyryath
05-27-2002, 06:26 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! :D :D